Does anyone know of a good RF electronics book?

In summary, to design a radio wave transmitter that transmits a specific code and a receiver that will only receive this code, the best book to look into would be the "ARRL Handbook for the Radio Amateur". This book covers RF theory and is used by HAM radio operators. However, it is important to keep in mind that the FCC regulates the RF spectrum and has strict rules for transmission. One must also be familiar with Part 97 of the CFR. Another resource for antenna design is Kraus' "Antennas" book, but it may not cover the specific requirements for transmitting a unique code. For a simpler and long-range method that does not involve GPS, some countries allow low power 2.4GHz transmissions up to
trickae
I need to design a radio wave transmitter that transmit a specific code and a receiver that will only receive this code.

what would be the best book to look into as a crash course for designing this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
"The ARRL Handbook for the Radio Amateur". It's the basic book that HAM radio operators use for RF theory.

Keep in mind that the FCC regulates the RF spectrum, and has some pretty strict rules about how you transmit and what you transmit. Are you familiar with Part 97 of the CFR?

Arrl

I agree with the ARRL suggestion. You can probably get a ham liscense and then transmit within the psecific range that your liscense works on. Otherwise, find a HAM, and work with them on it.

Kraus has some good work in his antenna book "Antennas", but i don't know if it is as specific as the ARRL stuff

i'm afraid i wasn't aware of all these regulations for transmission. I was planning on designing an electronic car finder and was researching how we could transmit a signal specific to each car and have it send data such as - distance from the car finder circuit that's attached to a key chain. I was thinking of transmitting the cars license plate number, that way no two people could be transmitting the same signal.

is there an easier method that provides long range data and that's not as hard as GPS?

Most countries allow low power 2.4Ghz transmitions which you might get to work to 100m, especialy if you are sending a simple signal and can repeat it / do some noise filtering.
Some lower frequencies are also free to use but probably mean a transmitter too large for a key fob unit.

Related to Does anyone know of a good RF electronics book?

1. What are the key topics covered in a good RF electronics book?

A good RF electronics book should cover topics such as RF circuit design, transmission lines, antenna theory, RF amplifiers, mixers, and filters. It should also include practical examples and applications.

2. Can you recommend a beginner-friendly RF electronics book?

Yes, "Practical RF Circuit Design for Modern Wireless Systems" by Rowan Gilmore is a great beginner-friendly book that covers the fundamentals of RF electronics in an easy-to-understand manner.

3. Are there any RF electronics books that focus specifically on microwave circuits?

Yes, "Microwave Engineering" by David Pozar is a popular and comprehensive book that focuses on microwave circuits and covers topics such as waveguides, microwave filters, and amplifiers.

4. Is there a recommended RF electronics book for advanced readers?

For advanced readers, "RF Microelectronics" by Behzad Razavi is a highly regarded book that covers advanced topics such as noise analysis, phase-locked loops, and RF oscillators.

5. Are there any online resources for learning about RF electronics?

Yes, there are many online resources such as online courses, video tutorials, and blogs that cover RF electronics. Some popular ones include the RF Academy, RF Mentor, and All About Circuits.