Help Finding the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers

In summary, The person is asking for help with finding the sum of the cubes of all odd 5 digit numbers. They are also asking if there is a formula for finding the sum of all cubes up to a certain point, regardless of whether they are odd and have 5 digits.
Brookejewel
PLEASE HELP! I am so stuck on this, working on it for days

Im trying to find the sum of the cubes of all the odd 5 digit numbers..

if you know a formula that works even with smaller numbers so i can try solving it also but i need the answer as well

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi Brookejewel! :smile:

Do you know a formula for all the cubes (up to a certain point). Let's disregard the fact that they have to be odd and have 5 digits.

Do you know a formula for

[tex]\sum_{i=1}^{1000000}{i^3}[/tex]

for example? Once you know this formula, we will modify it to suit your purposes!

Related to Help Finding the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers

1. What is the formula for finding the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers?

The formula for finding the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers is (n/2)(2n^2 + 1), where n is the last digit of the largest 5 digit odd number.

2. How do you determine which numbers are odd and which are even?

To determine if a number is odd or even, you can divide it by 2. If the remainder is 0, it is even. If the remainder is 1, it is odd.

3. What are the possible values for n in the formula?

The possible values for n in the formula are 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.

4. Can you provide an example of finding the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers?

For example, let's take the largest 5 digit odd number, 99999. The last digit is 9, so n = 9. Plugging this into the formula, we get (9/2)(2(9^2) + 1) = (4.5)(163) = 733.5. Therefore, the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers is 733.5.

5. Is there a shortcut or simpler way to find the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers?

No, the formula is the most efficient way to find the sum of the cubed and odd 5 digit numbers. However, you can use a calculator to simplify the calculation.