Should I take these classes together in the summer?

In summary, the conversation is about a person debating whether or not they can handle taking Organic Chemistry II, Multivariable and Engineering Statistics during a 6-week summer term. They need to do this in order to stay on track with their other engineering courses. The other person gives advice, mentioning that each class is only one hour a day and the lab is three hours twice a week. They also comment that these are tough classes, but it may be doable to take two of them at once. They mention that their college is on trimesters and they take three intensive classes at once, so taking these three classes together would require a lot of dedication. The other person believes the person can handle it, as long as they don't have
HAL10000
I am debating whether or not I can pull off taking Organic Chemistry II, Multivariable and Engineering Statistics during the 6 week summer term.
I need to do this if I want to stay on track with all my other engineering courses.
Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
wouldn't each class be 4-5 hours long, as in 12-15 hours of lecture a day

No, they are one hour each day (monday to thursday) and the lab is 3 hours twice a week

those are tough classes

You mean multivariable calculus, yes? I didn't think multivariable calc was much harder than integral calculus. If engineering stats is like regular stats, it shouldn't be bad, either. If it is like mathematical statistics, it will be a lot of work. Orgo I hear is very hard. I think you could maybe safely pick two, but I would be wary of taking all three at once. My college is on trimesters, so we essentially do 3 ten-week intensive classes at once every term, and taking those three at the same time sounds like no sleeping to me.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it, especially if you don't have other commitments (such as a job) and have a tendency to make good grades. Things that are worded as "engineering statistics" are generally easy. Is multivariable and engineering statistics a single course?

Related to Should I take these classes together in the summer?

1. Is it a good idea to take multiple classes together in the summer?

It depends on your personal goals and schedule. If you are looking to complete your degree faster or catch up on credits, taking multiple classes together in the summer could be beneficial. However, it may also be overwhelming and affect the quality of your learning if you have a busy schedule or struggle with time management.

2. How many classes should I take together in the summer?

The number of classes you should take together in the summer depends on your individual capabilities and time availability. It is important to consider the workload and difficulty level of each class and ensure that you have enough time to devote to each one. It may be helpful to consult with an academic advisor for guidance.

3. Will taking classes together in the summer be more challenging than during the regular semester?

Summer classes are typically condensed and have a faster pace, so it may be more challenging to cover the same amount of material in a shorter period of time. However, if you are able to focus and dedicate enough time to your studies, it is possible to excel in summer classes. It is important to be prepared for a more intense workload and stay organized.

4. Can I take any classes together in the summer or are there restrictions?

There may be restrictions on which classes you can take together in the summer, depending on your school's policies and the availability of courses. Some classes may have prerequisites or may only be offered during certain semesters. It is important to check with your academic advisor or the course catalog to ensure that you are following the correct course sequence and meeting all requirements.

5. Will taking classes together in the summer save me time and money?

Taking classes together in the summer can potentially save you time and money. By completing courses during the summer, you may be able to graduate earlier and save on tuition costs. However, it is important to consider the cost of summer classes and whether it fits into your budget. It is also important to weigh the potential savings against the added stress and workload of taking classes during the summer.