How Do Competitors Style Their Beards for the World Championship?

In summary, a German hairdresser won the World Beard and Moustache Championship in Norway. Members of the conversation joked about entering the competition, with some mentioning the need for drug testing and others admiring the contestant's beard. The conversation also included a discussion about donating unused hairspray bottles and a video featuring another impressive beard.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13407712
A German hairdresser has won the title of world's best beard at the World Beard and Moustache Championship in Trondheim, Norway.

Wow, it's a...moose?

_52737018_beardwinner.jpg

I know we have at least one member who has enough material to work with, to enter this competition next year! Astro, you could style your beard into a planetary model!

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you mean mousse.

Awesome find, Lisa.

I definitely think Astro and Aleph should participate in some way, even if it's unofficial.

it's not a sport unless you get tested for doping

Proton Soup said:
it's not a sport unless you get tested for doping

I wonder if they have a Rogaine testing program.

That moose is awesome.

That guy is my new role model.

This one is pretty cool
chevalier1.jpg

I bought some bottles of shampoo lately and they had free hairspray. I was wondering what to do with them until this thread...I think I'll donate them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=081dHOYY6IE

I prefer unadulterated, au naturel

Proton Soup said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=081dHOYY6IE

:eek: That is one badass beard.

Related to How Do Competitors Style Their Beards for the World Championship?

1. What is the International Sport of Bearding?

The International Sport of Bearding is a competitive event where participants showcase their facial hair in various categories, such as longest beard, best styled beard, and most unique beard. It is a way for bearded individuals to show off their grooming skills and creativity.

2. How did the International Sport of Bearding start?

The International Sport of Bearding originated in the United States in the 1970s as a way for bearded men to gather and celebrate their facial hair. It has since grown into a worldwide event with competitions held in different countries.

3. Is there a specific set of rules for the International Sport of Bearding?

Yes, there are specific rules for each category in the International Sport of Bearding. For example, in the longest beard category, the beard must be measured from the bottom of the chin to the end of the longest hair. In the styled beard category, the beard must be styled using only natural products and no artificial coloring is allowed.

4. Who can participate in the International Sport of Bearding?

Anyone with facial hair can participate in the International Sport of Bearding, regardless of gender or age. There are even categories specifically for women and children with facial hair. However, some competitions may have certain restrictions or guidelines, so it is important to check with the event organizers beforehand.

5. Is the International Sport of Bearding considered a serious sport?

While some may view it as a lighthearted event, the International Sport of Bearding is taken seriously by its participants. The competitors put in a lot of time and effort into growing and grooming their beards, and the judging criteria is strict. It is also recognized by organizations like the World Beard and Moustache Association, further solidifying it as a legitimate sport.

Back