The thread killer's thread is dead

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Moonbear, tribdog, and Franzbear were all unsubscribed from the thread before it was killed. Moonbear says she unsubscribed because she was tired of seeing it in her user control panel, tribdog because he was taking care of a pet and didn't want it to get in the way, and Franzbear because he was going on vacation. Moonbear and tribdog suggest witchcraft may be the answer, but Franzbear is against it.

Should the "Thread killers thread" be reopened?

• Total voters
Evo said:
After MIH's touching eulogy, it's hard to go back to the old thread, but what if he's not dead, he's just hibernating!?

We will never know if he will reach 10,000 posts. :cry:
olh, god evo...bring him back...PLEASE :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
Obviously the thread died--or hibernated--because I stopped posting in it for a few days. I was the only one feeding the poor thing.

EVO!? did you open franzbear while I was gone and close him again.. please give me a last post :cry: I miss him... :frown:

Thanx a million Evo.You're the star of PF.You're so brave and I'm so glad that we may never meet each other in real life coz I don't want to spend the rest of my life in prison coz of killing someone. :rolleyes:
please answer my question:has any of my mates called you recently?
(you're a good example of 1 of the theories!)

Regards :grumpy:

I don't feel sorry for it...I lost interest in that thread when it hit 2000 posts.The last 10 posts i made were simple trolling.

Daniel.

P.S.I was still hoping Greg would say:"I've had it.I'm deleting it".

rofl, some of the ideas you people have are funny. lol dex, that would have been funny indeed.

yomamma said:
EVO!? did you open franzbear while I was gone and close him again.. please give me a last post :cry: I miss him... :frown:
Don't worry, a few twitches after death are normal. Once rigor mortis sets in, it'll stop.

I WANT IT BACK! :cry:

moonbear, how do you keep posting? please tell me...

Lisa! said:
Thanx a million Evo.You're the star of PF.You're so brave and I'm so glad that we may never meet each other in real life coz I don't want to spend the rest of my life in prison coz of killing someone. :rolleyes:
please answer my question:has any of my mates called you recently?
(you're a good example of 1 of the theories!)

Regards :grumpy:

Evo be so kind and gimme her IP :biggrin: :devil:

It has been brought to my attention that strange noises have been heard coming from the "Thread Killers Thread" and I have been asked to re-open it.

Yomamma swears he heard a tiny voice say "mommy I'm so cold, where is everyone? Uncle Artman, why is it so dark in here? Is this a dead beaver?"

I have added a poll to determine if we re-open the thread.

I swear I heard it! I also heard:

mommy, why did Evo close me? I never did anything wrong...

I swear!

yomamma said:
I say we need a new place to post all of our cr@p!

How about here?

Occasionally, a decomposing corpse omits sounds which can be misinterpreted as "Please revive me"

These signals must not be heeded.

Don't you remember all the fun we had pposting in franzbear? :uhh: ...we...umm...we had fun! and what about making a PF record of 10,000 posts!? huh!? if we wanted to do that without franzbear, we'd have to do it in the "stupid question" thread! and everyone wants that thread dead!

arildno said:
Occasionally, a decomposing corpse omits sounds which can be misinterpreted as "Please revive me"

These signals must not be heeded.
True. As gasses escape the body past the vocal chords, it can make sounds, but it's nothing more than wishful thinking to believe it's alive and speaking.

I'm going to vote yes, I already miss the little fellow. :cry:

Of course, someone could smuggle him out of the old thread and into the new one. :approve:

I do have something up my sleeve for that 10,000th post. We'll see if it happens. o:)

evo...you're the super mentor...just bring it back! you had no reason to close it anyway! it was fun! :cry:

Since we are talking about it... What on Earth is Franzbear? I'm sure its in the thread somewhere, but I'm not reading through 8000+ replies to find out.
I think i gave up on page two or three when it appeared.

^ Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I searched inside the thread for the answer, but it seems to come as a kind of bogus thing. I think it it just the name for the thread. If not, it must be something to do with franz?

I think there are two options for the thread:

1) We let it go up to 10k posts, and then lock it.
2) Keep it dead.

With 1, there should probably be some kind of prize :smile:

Franzbear is the electronic love child of Moonbear and Franznietzche. He is the heart and soul of the thread. It is he that everyone has tried to kill by drowning, freezing, burning, exploding, suffocating...you name it. Early in the thread he became a zombie and therefore impervious to harm.

How can you not have read ALL of the posts? Hmmmpf! :grumpy:

Evo said:
Franzbear is the electronic love child of Moonbear and Franznietzche. He is the heart and soul of the thread. It is he that everyone has tried to kill by drowning, freezing, burning, exploding, suffocating...you name it. Early in the thread he became a zombie and therefore impervious to harm.

Y'all are nuts, and that's saying a lot coming from someone like me :wink:

How can you not have read ALL of the posts? Hmmmpf! :grumpy:

Er, I'm sorry...

hypatia said:
After watching Pet Cemetery, I believe, that things dead, should remain so.
Hypatia's right. If you bring it back there's always that chance it could turn evil on us. I keep imagining franzbear with red-glowing eyes. :devil:

I was tempted to start a Weekend at Franzbear's thread where we keep dragging the poor thing around and propping him up to make him look like he's still alive. I think that would just be cruel to Moonbear, though.

BTW, did you get the bereavement wreath I sent, MB? I know these things aren't usually made out of chocolate but I thought it would be more comforting to you.

Math Is Hard said:
Hypatia's right. If you bring it back there's always that chance it could turn evil on us. I keep imagining franzbear with red-glowing eyes. :devil:
It already was threatening to take over other threads. It was quite a monster that somewhere around post 2000 or so, we just lost control of.

I was tempted to start a Weekend at Franzbear's thread where we keep dragging the poor thing around and propping him up to make him look like he's still alive. I think that would just be cruel to Moonbear, though.
*sniffle* Yes, that would be cruel, just dragging his poor, lifeless body around.

BTW, did you get the bereavement wreath I sent, MB? I know these things aren't usually made out of chocolate but I thought it would be more comforting to you.
Yes, I did. Thanks. :smile: Though, I don't have much of an appetite, what with all this grieving and everything, but well...okay...maybe just one piece to make me feel better. *chomp* Hmm...that seemed to help a bit. Maybe just one more. *snarf* *gobble* Well, a little more couldn't hurt. Mmm...chocolate works better than Prozac. :approve:

If some of us wish to continue posting, and some of us do not, then those who do not are obviously the ones who have lost the battle to continue posting.

So the question for those who said franzbear should RIP is: are you a wimp... or a wuss? Only you can decide.

Last edited:
Ah, what shall I haunt next?

BicycleTree said:
So the question for those who said franzbear should RIP is: are you a wimp... or a wuss? Only you can decide.
hmmm... I've heard of w.i.m.p.s (weakly interacting massive particles) but what's a w.u.s.s.? :confused:

w.u.s.s. is an acronym meaning "Whiny Underling Such and Such

If some people want a thread to be open, and the thread isn't breaking any rules, it doesn't make any difference how many want it to be closed. If they don't like the thread, nobody's forcing them to read it.

I think this is a good compromise: re-open the thread, but ban those who voted "no" in the poll from posting in it by deleting their posts. Then everyone gets what they want.

BT, that is the smartest comment I've ever heard you make

That's an idea. Make it so that only anyone who has already posted in it can post in it again. Anyone who has not posted in a 24 hour period will be banned from posting anylonger. Eventually you will have a winner.

No, that's stupid. It's an endurance contest, not a test of frequency. The best solution is to ban those who voted "no." They don't want the thread, so don't give it to them. Simple.

I notice that most of those who voted "no" were not frequent posters in the thread.

TheStatutoryApe said:
That's an idea. Make it so that only anyone who has already posted in it can post in it again. Anyone who has not posted in a 24 hour period will be banned from posting anylonger. Eventually you will have a winner.
after post #10,000

and could we have some deal like if you're going on vacation you won'tb have to leave?

Although it would be nice to reach the 10k milestone, let's just let it go.