Has What the bleep do we know? sparked controversy?

• Thread starter RAD4921
  • Start date
In summary, the documentary film "What the Bleep Do We Know?" has sparked controversy due to its claims about the nature of reality and the role of consciousness in shaping it. The film presents a mix of science and spirituality, exploring concepts such as quantum physics, the power of thought, and the interconnectedness of all things. While some viewers praise the film for its thought-provoking and mind-expanding ideas, others criticize it for its lack of scientific evidence and promotion of pseudoscience. Overall, the film continues to generate debate and divide opinions among audiences.
RAD4921
Has anyone seen the metaphysical movie "What the bleep do we know?" I saw it and I have mixed feelings about it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone who knows anything about quantum physics will tell you this movie is Bullsh*t.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/" wrote a little something about it, calling it “A New Age propaganda piece which purports to teach about quantum mechanics”

It can be found at the bottom of their webpage or http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/bleep.html"

Hopefully others will link to some more other good website that debunk this cr@p!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, ok! There are some rather glaring faults in the movie including the ones Vast referred to on http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/bleep.html
Seriously though, are there any redeeming qualities?

If you had searched before starting the thread, you would have found at least a dozen threads already debunking the garbage in this movie.

Evo said:
If you had searched before starting the thread, you would have found at least a dozen threads already debunking the garbage in this movie.

You seem a little high strung. In any event, I don't use the internet much so I only drop in here from time to time so I failed to see the "dozens" of post you claim were made on the subject.

Though I think the movie had some highlights I wasn't too impressed with it either.

1. What is "What the bleeep do we know?"

"What the bleeep do we know?" is a 2004 documentary film that combines elements of documentary, animation, and drama to explore the concepts of quantum physics, consciousness, and spirituality.

2. Is "What the bleeep do we know?" based on scientific facts?

While the film does present some scientific concepts and theories, it also includes elements of pseudoscience and New Age spirituality. Some of the information presented has been criticized by scientists as misleading or inaccurate.

3. Who are the experts featured in "What the bleeep do we know?"

The film features interviews with several scientists and experts in the fields of physics, biology, and psychology, as well as spiritual leaders and authors. Some of the notable figures include Dr. Candace Pert, Dr. Amit Goswami, and Dr. Joe Dispenza.

4. What is the purpose of "What the bleeep do we know?"

The purpose of the film is to challenge viewers to think about the world in a different way and consider the role of consciousness in understanding reality. It also aims to inspire personal growth and promote a sense of interconnectedness and spirituality.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding "What the bleeep do we know?"

Yes, the film has been criticized for its inclusion of pseudoscience and misleading information, as well as its promotion of a specific spiritual ideology. Some have also accused the filmmakers of misrepresenting the statements of the experts featured in the film. However, others argue that the film is meant to be thought-provoking and does not claim to present definitive scientific truths.