Scientific American Subscription 20% off

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, all Physics Forums members can receive a 20% discount on a Scientific American magazine subscription by following the link provided. The subscription will take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive and is available to international members as well. The offer has no current deadline and can be accessed by non-members as well.
Physics news on Phys.org
That was easy. Thanks for the link. I'll be receiving my subscription in 4 to 6 weeks.

dlgoff said:
That was easy. Thanks for the link. I'll be receiving my subscription in 4 to 6 weeks.

great, enjoy!

Phew, copy sent to Poland is almost twice cheaper than subscription to Polish edition (called "Świat Nauki"). Partially because of the weak $ and strong PLN, but it doesn't explain all.

I just wonder - is it really subscription to PF members? I was not asked whether I am one of ;-)

-

Well, I ordered it. I figured I might as well give it a try for a year.

Eric

Borek said:
Phew, copy sent to Poland is almost twice cheaper than subscription to Polish edition (called "Świat Nauki"). Partially because of the weak $ and strong PLN, but it doesn't explain all.

I just wonder - is it really subscription to PF members? I was not asked whether I am one of ;-)

I guess the price for which we subscribed includes the offer ;).

Its cheaper than sci.am. in my country too. Thanx to euro/$ ratio, it turns out only 1.83eu per
magazine. And if you imagine that one can buy each (american edition) magazine for about
3-5eu its a really nice offer.

Thanks.

Borek said:

Maybe the link is invisible or something to non-PF members. :tongue:

Well, either which way - I'm glad your forum is getting recognition, I hope your work is rewarded Mr. Bernhardt.

Now to the forum -
May the conversations be lively.

I ordered one. Seems I buy one every couple months at the checkout counter at a much higher price.

I put in for 12 months, considering i pay over £3 for motorcycle mags the price is peanuts.

Done. What better way to spend $1.67 a month?

does this subscription comes with the 'parallel universe' distribution?
it seems to come with the $44 package
what about the PF package?

Hope the offer i sgoing to be open a while. No sense signing up until my current subscription runs out.

LURCH said:
Hope the offer i sgoing to be open a while. No sense signing up until my current subscription runs out.

As far as I know there is no termination date for this deal.

sweet! just the excuse i needed to put up the money for a sci am subscription :)

Can non-American subscribe? Anyway, I was already a subscriber before you guys teamed up.

qspeechc said:
Can non-American subscribe? Anyway, I was already a subscriber before you guys teamed up.

International is $34.95

Borek said:

It says in bold up top

As an exclusive offer for physics forums blog members,
Scientific American takes your science inquiries to the next level..

Btw, how long is this offer valid for? I'd like to take part in it but not until I move to the US in 3 months. Any ideas?

djeitnstine said:
It says in bold up top

Btw, how long is this offer valid for? I'd like to take part in it but not until I move to the US in 3 months. Any ideas?

No deadline at this time.

djeitnstine said:
It says in bold up top

As an exclusive offer for physics forums blog members,
Scientific American takes your science inquiries to the next level..

It may say anything, as long as it is enough to follow the link, it is in fact an open offer.

And don't get me wrong - I don't say that to criticize or to question anything, intentions or whatever, I have asked just out of curiosity :smile: I have friends that are NOT members of PF and they can be interested in this offer as well.

Borek said:
It may say anything, as long as it is enough to follow the link, it is in fact an open offer.

And don't get me wrong - I don't say that to criticize or to question anything, intentions or whatever, I have asked just out of curiosity :smile: I have friends that are NOT members of PF and they can be interested in this offer as well.

Tell them to sign up at PF :)

Cool, might do it, or at least tell some friends. Now you guys just need to work on a connection with Discover magazine.

:smile: Oh, great! Thanks a lot! :cool:

I love it! Thanks so much for posting. This site was already such a lifesaver, now it's getting me discounts too. :)

sweet price, nice offer, but the page where we're supposed to write our visa nb. does not seem to be encrypted.

Torrien said:
sweet price, nice offer, but the page where we're supposed to write our visa nb. does not seem to be encrypted.
It seems to be encrypted to me.

Encrypted it is.

Borek

Last edited by a moderator:
ok then, my bad :)

nice to know about that!

Either the subscription panel didn't work for me or I've just subscribed three times. Whenever I clicked the Submit button I was taken back to the main form with my ZIP (postcode I assumed) turned blank and the State still shown as a required item despite having selected International subscription and then United Kingdom from the drop-down list. Has anyone else had this problem?

Try to enter NA as a state code. Most US web-developers lack imagination ;)

Borek

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered :)

<h2>1. What is a Scientific American subscription?</h2><p>A Scientific American subscription is a service that allows you to receive monthly issues of the popular science magazine, Scientific American. It provides in-depth articles and features on a wide range of scientific topics, including technology, health, and the environment.</p><h2>2. How much does a Scientific American subscription cost?</h2><p>The regular price for a Scientific American subscription is $49.99 per year. However, with the 20% off discount, the subscription would cost $39.99 per year.</p><h2>3. How can I get 20% off on a Scientific American subscription?</h2><p>To get 20% off on a Scientific American subscription, you can use a discount code or coupon at the time of purchase. You can also check the magazine's website or social media pages for any ongoing promotions or deals.</p><h2>4. Is a Scientific American subscription worth it?</h2><p>It depends on your interests and preferences. If you are interested in staying updated on the latest scientific discoveries and advancements, then a Scientific American subscription can be a valuable resource. The magazine also offers well-researched and thought-provoking articles, making it a worthwhile read for anyone curious about the world around us.</p><h2>5. Can I cancel my Scientific American subscription at any time?</h2><p>Yes, you can cancel your Scientific American subscription at any time. You can contact the magazine's customer service or manage your subscription online to cancel. However, keep in mind that the subscription is non-refundable, so you may not receive a refund for any remaining issues in your subscription.</p>

1. What is a Scientific American subscription?

A Scientific American subscription is a service that allows you to receive monthly issues of the popular science magazine, Scientific American. It provides in-depth articles and features on a wide range of scientific topics, including technology, health, and the environment.

2. How much does a Scientific American subscription cost?

The regular price for a Scientific American subscription is $49.99 per year. However, with the 20% off discount, the subscription would cost $39.99 per year.

3. How can I get 20% off on a Scientific American subscription?

To get 20% off on a Scientific American subscription, you can use a discount code or coupon at the time of purchase. You can also check the magazine's website or social media pages for any ongoing promotions or deals.

4. Is a Scientific American subscription worth it?

It depends on your interests and preferences. If you are interested in staying updated on the latest scientific discoveries and advancements, then a Scientific American subscription can be a valuable resource. The magazine also offers well-researched and thought-provoking articles, making it a worthwhile read for anyone curious about the world around us.

5. Can I cancel my Scientific American subscription at any time?

Yes, you can cancel your Scientific American subscription at any time. You can contact the magazine's customer service or manage your subscription online to cancel. However, keep in mind that the subscription is non-refundable, so you may not receive a refund for any remaining issues in your subscription.