Beyond minimal standard model.

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of a Higgs boson beyond the minimal model, with predictions of various particle spectra ranging from 68 GeV to 246 GeV. The question of whether this spectrum fits with a SUSY model is raised, and the possibility of a two doublets Higgs model is also mentioned. The speaker also mentions a potential 45-49 GeV particle, although it is believed to have been disproved by Z0 experiments. They have uploaded a working copy of their research on this topic to their website.
arivero
Gold Member
Has anyone got good pointed in higgs models beyond the minimal? The PDG review is too small for my taste.

From Lamb's balance, I am getting the prediction of the following particle spectra

68 GeV. According L3, it could be H+
Z0 as usual, and W+ as usual, almost
115 GeV. According ALEPH, it could be any Higgs
175 GeV. Degenerated with Top mass? Or just the Top, no new boson after all
246 GeV. It coincides with the EW higgs field scale in the minimal model, but it should appear physically, thus as a particle.

Does this spectrum fit with some SUSY model, using the degeneracy at 175? For complete SUSY breaking, I believe it does not fit because H+ is lower than Z0.

A two doublets higgs model is enough for this spectrum, but is it unique? What about using triplet higgs, or two doublets plus singlet, Zee model etc? I am no risking a predition for a 45-49 GeV particle because it is weaker than the others (and I believe the Z0 experiments have already completely disproved this possibility, am I right here?), but I could try it if it results good for a triplet model or similar.

Alejandro

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just a fast note; I have uploaded in my website the working copy of the http://dftuz.unizar.es/%7Erivero/research/LS9530.pdf [Broken] about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the Beyond minimal standard model (BSM)?

The Beyond minimal standard model (BSM) is a theoretical framework that extends the Standard Model of particle physics. It aims to explain phenomena that cannot be explained by the Standard Model, such as dark matter, dark energy, and the hierarchy problem.

2. How does BSM differ from the Standard Model?

BSM introduces new particles and interactions that are not included in the Standard Model. It also provides a more complete and unified understanding of the fundamental forces and particles in the universe.

3. What are some examples of BSM theories?

Some examples of BSM theories include supersymmetry, extra dimensions, grand unification theories, and composite models. These theories attempt to address the limitations of the Standard Model and provide explanations for the observed phenomena that it cannot account for.

4. What evidence supports BSM theories?

There is currently no direct experimental evidence for BSM theories. However, there are several observations and measurements, such as the existence of dark matter and the hierarchy problem, that suggest the need for a more comprehensive theory than the Standard Model.

5. How are BSM theories tested?

BSM theories are tested through experiments at particle accelerators, such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). These experiments search for new particles and interactions that are predicted by BSM theories. Additionally, cosmological observations and precision measurements of known particles can also provide evidence for BSM theories.