Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku: Exploring the Frontiers of Science

In summary: I'm sorry, I forget the title of the other one. He also does a lot of public speaking. If you're ever in Japan, I'd recommend seeing one of his talks.He also does a lot of public speaking.
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday at 9PM EST here at PF

Details coming soon...

Physics news on Phys.org
What is 9PM EST in Norwegian time; is EST Greenwich mean time?

go to timeanddate.com to convert the times. EST in the America's is 5 hours behind GMT.

Kerrie said:
go to timeanddate.com to convert the times. EST in the America's is 5 hours behind GMT.
Thank you!

Ohh.. Ohh.. this is tomorrow!

Ok, for the next three days the chat will be held here: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/

I will have a link to the chat room on the main page tomorrow.

The way the chat is going to work is that regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot which his rep will be using and the rep will relay the question to dr. kaku, he will then post the question and answer it.

Last edited:
Greg, you may want to post a notice about this elsewhere on the board (maybe on the main page) so folks see it and you get a good turn out. I don't know how many people wander this far back into the forums to see these announcements in a timely manner.

I got problem intering the chat.
Any idea?!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Ok, for the next three days the chat will be held here: https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/

The way the chat is going to work is that regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot which his rep will be using and the rep will relay the question to dr. kaku, he will then post the question and answer it.

Okay, I took a look around the room there (nice curtains, but the sofa is a bit lumpy :biggrin:)...not that I'll be asking any questions during the official chat events, but wanted to find my way around before it gets crowded. It's always nice to walk into an empty room and listen to your own voice echo. It looks like there are multiple rooms set up in there. Will Michio Kaku have a new one set up, or will it be in one of the ones currently there? Once folks have found the place, will it usually be open for regular chatting too, or just these special events?

Last edited by a moderator:
can I ask Dr. Kaku what he thinks about the upcoming Moonbear, Tribdog wedding?

lol, nobody ignores me quite like you do Greg

Greg Bernhardt said:

Two questions:

1) How do we PM a user using the Java interface?
2) Can we use another application (mirc, for instance) instead of the java? What's the host address (irc server) for mirc if we can use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
pervect said:
Two questions:

1) How do we PM a user using the Java interface?
2) Can we use another application (mirc, for instance) instead of the java? What's the host address (irc server) for mirc if we can use it?

1. Double click on the username in the user list.

2. We choose not to use IRC because it's too insecure and very easy for script kiddies to ruin the experience.

Dr. Kaku will be here in 30min, come with questions. Stop in early and chat in the lounge! https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

Hey guys, I can't find questionbot. How do I PM him?

Thanks,

- Alisa

Janitor is too backwoodsy to be able to get the Java stuff to work. :uhh:

Greg Bernhardt said:

Details coming soon...

Will the Dr's response's be archieved for viewing at a later date?..or have you to be in chat forum to see the Q+A's.

Wave's_Hand_Particle said:
Will the Dr's response's be archieved for viewing at a later date?..or have you to be in chat forum to see the Q+A's.

I see Greg has done this by hand/Copy-Paste format! :cool:

Greg Bernhardt said:

Details coming soon...

Well done Greg, great Q+A look forward to tomorrow's session.

Can you tell me a little about Dr. Michio Kaku ?

somy said:
Can you tell me a little about Dr. Michio Kaku ?

Dr Michio Kaku was one of the founders of stringtheory. It was in the eighties he earned the nickname "Dr Cuckoo" from post-grads no doubt to the early abstractness of ST, this has now past over to another prominent 'Theorist'.

Dr Kaku has a great ability to put into words some of the strangest ideas of stingtheory, I recommend his books Hyperspace, and a special note goes to :Beyond Einstein.

Here is his website, there is a wealth of info here:http://www.mkaku.org/

I'm looking for the transcripts - I haven't been able to find them. Thanks in advance.

http://www.quantumninja.com/toe/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7

from www.utoe.org

regular members can't post in the chat, they have to PM a user called questionbot

What does PM means? How do I PM quesionbot?

Thanks.

G.

PM means personal message, this chat event is long over with, so there is no way to PM the message bot. YOu can, however, read the transcripts of the event.

1. What is "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku"?

"Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku" is a virtual event where participants have the opportunity to ask questions and engage in discussions with renowned physicist and futurist Dr. Michio Kaku.

2. Who is Dr. Michio Kaku?

Dr. Michio Kaku is a Japanese-American theoretical physicist, futurist, and popularizer of science. He is a professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center. He is also an author of several bestselling books, including "The Future of Humanity" and "Physics of the Future".

3. How can I participate in "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku"?

To participate in "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku", you can register for the event on the official website or through a designated platform. Once you have registered, you will receive instructions on how to join the virtual event.

4. What topics will be covered in "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku"?

The topics covered in "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku" can vary, but they typically revolve around physics, space exploration, and the future of technology and humanity. Participants are also welcome to ask questions about Dr. Kaku's research and theories.

5. Is there a fee to attend "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku"?

The fee to attend "Q&A Chat with Dr. Michio Kaku" may vary depending on the event. Some events may be free, while others may require a registration fee. It is best to check the official website or event platform for more information on fees and registration.