A paper I heard about last year about gravity.

In summary, the conversation discusses a paper published in science that explores deviations from what general relativity predicts for the velocity of space probes. The article comments on these deviations, which follow a power, and asks for help in finding the paper. The conversation also mentions the MOND theory and provides a link for further reading.
bm0p700f
In the back of the economist there are articles about new research. One of them was about a paper published in science I think. It concerned deviations form what general relativity predicts for the velocity of space probes.

I said that the measured velocities of a probe or probes was out by a few mm/s or cm/s or was it m/s (I suppose using doppler shift probe velocities could be measured very accurately) from what general relativity predicts (I probably have the units wrong. These deviation the article commented where not random but followed a power. I forgot at the time to look this paper and now I can remember so little about where to find eg. it title.

Does anyone remember what this paper is? Where the researchers measuring what they think they where measuring or has it disappeared quietly into the archives never to be seen again?

Help me find it please I would love to read it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks. So nothing conclusive as to the cause yet. How perplexing. The link in the wiki entry to the MOND was interesting though. I have always wondered how that was formulated. Now I know.

Related to A paper I heard about last year about gravity.

1. What was the paper about?

The paper was about a new theory of gravity proposed by a team of scientists last year.

2. What did the paper suggest about gravity?

The paper suggested that gravity may not be a fundamental force, but rather an emergent phenomenon from the behavior of quantum particles.

3. How was this theory different from what we currently know about gravity?

This theory is different from the traditional understanding of gravity, which is based on Einstein's theory of general relativity. It introduces the idea that gravity could be explained by the behavior of subatomic particles, rather than the curvature of space-time.

4. Has this theory been proven?

At this time, the theory has not been proven, as it is still in the early stages of research and requires further testing and experimentation.

5. What are the potential implications of this theory?

If this theory is proven to be true, it could revolutionize our understanding of gravity and potentially lead to advancements in fields such as quantum mechanics and astrophysics.