A possible job in optoelectronics

• Thread starter Spacecraft
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, the person is looking for a candidate with a physics degree or equivalent, particularly in optoelectronics and communications applications. They are asking for suggestions on where to find such a profile and the respondent suggests using popular job search websites such as Linkedin, Monster, and Craig's List.
Spacecraft
Hello,
my Italian company is looking for a person with a physics degree or equivalent (at least master of science), skilled and experienced in optoelectronics, in particular in communications applications. Can you suggest me where can I find this kind of profile? Which website can be used for the search?

Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
Spacecraft said:
Hello,
my Italian company is looking for a person with a physics degree or equivalent (at least master of science), skilled and experienced in optoelectronics, in particular in communications applications. Can you suggest me where can I find this kind of profile? Which website can be used for the search?

Thanks a lot!

In the US, Linkedin, Monster and Craig's List are three of the more popular job search / candidate search wetsites.

https://www.linkedin.com/
http://www.monster.com/
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/

Either these websites or some equivalent in Europe should serve your needs. :-)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Related to A possible job in optoelectronics

1. What is optoelectronics?

Optoelectronics is a branch of science that involves the study and application of electronic devices and systems that use light to perform various functions. It encompasses both the fields of optics and electronics.

2. What are some common applications of optoelectronics?

Some common applications of optoelectronics include optical communication systems, optical sensors, displays, solar cells, and medical imaging devices. It is also used in various industries such as telecommunications, healthcare, and consumer electronics.

3. What skills are required for a job in optoelectronics?

A job in optoelectronics typically requires a strong background in physics, mathematics, and engineering. Knowledge of optics, semiconductor materials and devices, and programming languages is also essential. Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills are also important for success in this field.

4. What are the job prospects for optoelectronics professionals?

The job prospects for optoelectronics professionals are very promising, with a growing demand for these skills in various industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the field of optoelectronics is projected to grow by 5% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than the average for all occupations.

5. What is the average salary for a job in optoelectronics?

The average salary for a job in optoelectronics varies depending on the specific position, experience, and location. According to Glassdoor, the average salary for an optoelectronics engineer in the United States is around $100,000 per year. However, salaries can range from $70,000 to over $150,000 depending on factors such as education, skills, and company size.