A question about parallel universes I want to share

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of parallel universes and the theory that in a world with unlimited possibilities, there could be a universe where parallel universes do not exist. However, this theory is self-contradictory as it goes against the concept of the Many-worlds interpretation. The conversation concludes with the acknowledgement that the premise is mistaken and the thread can be closed.
Prof.gaming
Um ... yea.
This was on my mind for a long time and was bugging me like hell , so I want to share it and ask if its correct or could be correct .
My theory is , as we know , there are unlimited parallel universes , made by the Many-worlds interpretation . Sometimes the difference is unnoticeable , sometimes the world is completely different from ours .
My theory says that , if there are unlimited numbers of worlds out there with unlimited possibilities , in one , Parallel universes doesn't exist . And I am trying to figure this out ... how is it possible ? That if there is a parallel universe that in it , parallel universes doesn't exist ...
So anyway , if there's something wrong about my theory , point it out or if there's an explanation ... heck , maybe someone before me thought of this theory ...

Physics news on Phys.org
What you are saying is simply self contradictory. Your main error is in thinking that a property of the whole array- that multiple universes can or cannot exist- is a property of a single universe. That's like asking "if I have a large number of buckets of water, what if one bucket has the property that there is only one bucket?"

Prof.gaming said:
As we know , there are unlimited parallel universes , made by the Many-worlds interpretation . Sometimes the difference is unnoticeable , sometimes the world is completely different from ours .
The MWI says no such thing, and a world in which the MWI is false is not one of the possibilities it allows. The MWI is about the way superposed wave functions evolve without collapse.

We can close this thread, as premise it is based on is mistaken.

Related to A question about parallel universes I want to share

1. What is a parallel universe?

A parallel universe, also known as a parallel dimension or alternate universe, is a theoretical concept in which there exists a separate, distinct universe from our own that has its own set of physical laws and may contain different versions of reality.

2. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of parallel universes?

Currently, there is no concrete scientific evidence for the existence of parallel universes. However, some theories in physics, such as string theory and the multiverse theory, suggest the possibility of parallel universes. These theories are still undergoing research and have not been proven.

3. How do parallel universes differ from alternate timelines?

Parallel universes and alternate timelines are often used interchangeably, but they have slight differences. A parallel universe is a separate, physical universe with its own set of laws, while alternate timelines are branches of our own universe that diverge due to different decisions or events.

4. Can we ever travel to a parallel universe?

At this time, it is not possible to travel to a parallel universe. The laws of physics as we know them do not allow for such travel. However, some scientists are researching the possibility of using advanced technology, such as wormholes, to access parallel universes in the future.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the concept of parallel universes?

The concept of parallel universes raises ethical concerns about the impact of our decisions and actions on other versions of ourselves in different universes. It also raises questions about the potential consequences of accessing or manipulating these universes. These concerns are purely hypothetical at this point and are open to philosophical and ethical debate.