Adding an E-mail Link on a Delphi 7 Form

• Thread starter deda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Form Link
In summary, the conversation was about the importance of being assertive in communication and setting boundaries. The speakers discussed how being assertive can help in personal and professional relationships, and shared tips for effective communication and boundary-setting. They also emphasized the importance of respecting the boundaries of others and being open to compromise.
deda
how do i add an e-mail link on an delphi 7 form?

Computer science news on Phys.org
it's OK!
I figure it out...
I added TWebBrowser component on the form and OnFormCreate hide it.
It works fine.

To add an e-mail link on a Delphi 7 form, you can follow these steps:

1. First, make sure that you have a TButton component on your form. If not, you can add one by going to the Standard tab in the Component Palette and clicking and dragging the TButton component onto your form.

2. Next, select the TButton component on your form and go to the Object Inspector. Under the Events tab, click on the ellipsis button (...) next to the OnClick event.

3. This will open the Code Editor. In the Code Editor, you can add the following code:

ShellExecute(Handle, 'open', 'mailto: [email address]', nil, nil, SW_SHOW);

4. Replace [email address] with the email address you want to use for the link.

5. Save your changes and run your application. Clicking on the button will now open the default email client on the user's computer with the specified email address pre-filled in the "To" field.

Alternatively, you can also use the TLinkLabel component to create an email link. Simply add the TLinkLabel component to your form and set its Caption property to the email address you want to use. Then, in the Object Inspector, under the Events tab, you can add a handler for the OnClick event to open the default email client with the specified email address.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Related to Adding an E-mail Link on a Delphi 7 Form

1. How do I create an e-mail link on a Delphi 7 form?

To create an e-mail link on a Delphi 7 form, you can use the TEmail component in the "Win32" tab of the component palette. Simply drag and drop the TEmail component onto your form and set the properties such as the recipient's e-mail address and the subject of the e-mail. You can also customize the appearance of the e-mail link by changing the properties of the TEmail component.

2. Can I send attachments with the e-mail link on my Delphi 7 form?

Yes, the TEmail component in Delphi 7 allows you to send attachments with your e-mail. You can use the "Attachments" property to specify the file path of the attachment you want to include. You can also use the "Attachments.Add" method to add multiple attachments to the e-mail.

3. How can I make the e-mail link open an external e-mail client?

You can use the "Execute" method of the TEmail component to open the user's default e-mail client when the e-mail link is clicked. This will allow the user to compose and send the e-mail using their preferred e-mail program.

4. Is it possible to send an e-mail without opening an external e-mail client?

Yes, the TEmail component in Delphi 7 also allows you to send the e-mail directly without opening an external e-mail client. You can use the "Send" method to send the e-mail without any user interaction. However, note that this method may not work if the user does not have a default e-mail client set up on their system.

5. Can I use the e-mail link on my Delphi 7 form to send e-mails to multiple recipients?

Yes, you can send e-mails to multiple recipients by using the "Recipients" property of the TEmail component. You can specify multiple e-mail addresses by separating them with a semicolon (;) in the property. You can also use the "Recipients.Add" method to add recipients programmatically.