Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contest
In summary, Evo has a lot of pictures of dogs in costumes, some of which are NSFW. He also has a funny message about driving fast and needing eye protection.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Sorry MIH, I've been under the weather and I stink when I'm under the weather. To make it up, here is the winner of a doggie costume contest. Just look at those flippers!

dogdiverxi9.jpg

dogdiverfacepk7.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Awe, how adorable. I love to dress my dog is little costumes, but I'm pretty sure I probably can't beat this one :!)

I was going to totally ignore this thread... until I realized who posted it. Anything posted by Evo is worth a look (as is anything a part of Evo :rolleyes:).
Considering that I don't like dogs, those are pretty cute pictures.

OMG! :smile:Dogs are so good at putting up with that stuff. Cats would plot to kill you in your sleep for that sort of thing!

Thanks, Evo! :smile:

Hope you are feeling better.

Math Is Hard said:
OMG! :smile:Dogs are so good at putting up with that stuff. Cats would plot to kill you in your sleep for that sort of thing!
Oh, I'd be dead before I got the first flipper on Foofer.

Poop-Loops said:
www.faildogs.com

Some of those are *NSFW* But it's otherwise hilarious.

I like the pug in the backpack! :approve:

Poop-Loops said:
www.faildogs.com

Some of those are *NSFW* But it's otherwise hilarious.
Those are really cute poop, er, uhm, loops. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Those are really cute poop, er, uhm, loops. :biggrin:

We've been calling him Dr. Loops! :biggrin:

I have a lot of outfits for my dog, and suprisingly, he doesn't mind to be in them :biggrin:

It's way too much fun dressing him up, lol.

Math Is Hard said:
We've been calling him Dr. Loops! :biggrin:

Why are we calling him Dr. now? lol

mcknia07 said:
I have a lot of outfits for my dog, and suprisingly, he doesn't mind to be in them :biggrin:

It's way too much fun dressing him up, lol.

Jeez, but I hope you're female...
Or should be we alerting Arildno to your presence? :biggrin:

Danger said:

Yes, I am a female :smile: I sure would not do that if i wasn't, lol.

I have NEVER had a dog that would tolerate being dressed up. Even as a kid, when I was more inclined toward such attempts, I couldn't get even the old, deaf and blind dog that did nothing but sleep all day to do as much as wear a bow on Christmas morning without shaking it off (even blind, he knew it made him look stupid I think).

I can't even imagine trying to put flippers on a dog. I wonder if the outfit was superglued on to keep the dog from shaking or chewing it off. :rolleyes:

All the dogs we have had allowed us to put clothes on them. They look so cute!

The dog might have just stood there. I had a friend that had a dog and like it wouldn't move, it stood there like a statue :smile:

Moonbear said:
I wonder if the outfit was superglued on to keep the dog from shaking or chewing it off. :rolleyes:

Well, it worked with the ex- and a rubber chicken...

Danger said:

What's wrong with dressing up your dog?

Actually, aside from some cool shades, the only time I've done it is when I've been dragged through so many thrift stores and antique stores that I start to get slap happy and start finding absurd ways to amuse myself.

The tinted goggles serve a purpose. Driving around with the top and doors off or with your head hanging out the window is a lot of fun until something hits you in the eye at 45 to 75 mph. I'm less than enthusiastic about driving without sunglasses or glasses myself (which is why it occurred to me that maybe she could use some eye protection as well).

Unfortunately this Spring, she's a lot less tolerant of the goggles and has gotten really good at stripping them off in a couple of minutes. Maybe she'd like untinted goggles better. Whatever, it would be nice to figure something out, because a dog really should have some eye protection if you're driving anywhere fast.

I've never understood doggy dressing.

But since I'm Dobe obsessed http://file025a.bebo.com/13/original/2007/08/12/00/2346298233a5248121667o.jpg"

Hope you feel better soon Evo. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurdt said:
http://file025a.bebo.com/13/original/2007/08/12/00/2346298233a5248121667o.jpg"

Going by the letters that I can read, I assume it's a good thing that the entire message isn't visible...

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!

What is the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!"?

The "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" is a title of an event or competition where dogs dress up in costumes and compete for a prize.

What is the purpose of the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!"?

The purpose of the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" is to showcase the creativity and cuteness of dogs in costumes and to have a fun and entertaining event for dog owners and enthusiasts.

Who can participate in the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!"?

Any dog owner or handler can participate in the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" as long as they follow the rules and guidelines set by the organizers of the event.

How are the winners of the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" determined?

The winners of the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" are determined by a panel of judges who will evaluate the costumes based on creativity, originality, and overall presentation.

What are some tips for preparing for the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!"?

Some tips for preparing for the "Adorable Doggie Costume Contest Winner: Just Look at Those Flippers!" include selecting a comfortable and safe costume for your dog, practicing posing and walking in the costume, and making sure your dog is well-behaved and comfortable in a crowded and busy environment.