Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?

In summary, the individual is confused about which course to choose for their further studies in aviation. They have completed a Higher National Diploma in Aerospace engineering and want to pursue a B.Sc in either Aeronautical engineering or Aerospace engineering. They also plan on doing a Master's in Aviation Business Management. They are looking for advice and information on which universities offer good courses in Aeronautical engineering. Overall, they are leaning towards Aeronautical engineering for their career in aviation.
JKza
I'm pretty much confused right now, I've just completed Higher National Diploma in Aerospace engineering and i aim to study further about aviation science and management concepts in aviation. I'm mainly confused on which course to chose - B.Sc in Aeronautical engineering or in Aerospace engineering. Both might sound same but some of you might know how different they are. After Bachelor i want to do a Master's in Aviation Business Management (MBA in Aviation management).
And i also want to know which university offers good course in Aeronautical engineering. Most of the universities offer undergraduate courses in Aerospace engineering, i am trying to find aeronautical engineering course.
Advices or Info are welcomed.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not fully sure what you are asking, but if you want to go into aviation, choose aeronautical.

Pretty much the same thing, only difference is aerospace engineering might contain modules in space engineering and robotics instead or aeronautics modules

Related to Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?

1. What is the difference between Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering?

Aeronautical Engineering focuses on the design and development of aircraft that operate within the Earth's atmosphere, while Aerospace Engineering includes both aeronautical and astronautical engineering, which deals with spacecraft and other objects that operate outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

2. What are the main areas of study in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?

The main areas of study in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering include aerodynamics, propulsion, structures, materials, control systems, and avionics. These subjects are essential in designing, developing, and maintaining aircraft and spacecraft.

3. What are some career opportunities in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?

Career opportunities in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering include working for aircraft and spacecraft manufacturers, airlines, government agencies, research and development companies, and consulting firms. Some specific job titles may include aerospace engineer, flight test engineer, avionics engineer, and propulsion engineer.

4. What skills are necessary to become an Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineer?

To become an Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineer, one must have a strong foundation in math and physics, as well as a good understanding of engineering principles and design. Other important skills include critical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail.

5. How does Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering contribute to society?

Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering have contributed greatly to society by making air travel safer and more efficient, providing communication and navigation systems for both commercial and military purposes, and expanding our knowledge and exploration of space. These fields also have a significant impact on the economy, creating jobs and driving technological advancements in other industries.