An Endless Fall: Exploring a Fictional Paradox

In summary, the conversation revolved around a hypothetical scenario involving two vertically facing portals and a person jumping into them, resulting in a never-ending fall. The conversation also touched upon the concept of the "cake is a lie" and the limitations of current physics in answering such questions. The thread was eventually locked due to PF rules, but the question remained open for creative solutions to rescue the falling person.
Toby N
So I'm just really curious and this question is fictional, I'm new so i don't know if this is the right place to post this. Anyway, if there is 2 portal facing each other vertically and a person jump on to it, end up falling forever, i wonders how much could that person reach and is there anyway to help him to get out if it without killing him?

Physics news on Phys.org
The cake is a lie.

I'm even more curious about what you mean with this question :P

Hi Toby N, welcome to PF.

I'm sorry to say that your question is simply not one that we can answer with current physics and, as such, I am going to have to lock this thread since PF rules do not allow discussion of things which aren't part of mainstream science.

That being said, for simplicity's sake, I would assume gravity just acts downward and the person keeps accelerating and I leave it up to you to come up with some creative ways to get this person out of their perpetual fall.

Likes Toby N

Related to An Endless Fall: Exploring a Fictional Paradox

1. What is the concept of "An Endless Fall: Exploring a Fictional Paradox"?

The concept of "An Endless Fall: Exploring a Fictional Paradox" is a thought experiment that explores the idea of an object falling into a never-ending pit. It raises questions about the nature of time and space, and challenges our understanding of the laws of physics.

2. How is this thought experiment relevant to real-life science?

While "An Endless Fall" is a fictional scenario, it touches on key principles in physics such as gravity, relativity, and the concept of infinity. By examining this paradox, scientists can gain a deeper understanding of these complex concepts and their implications for the universe.

3. Can this paradox be solved or proven in any way?

As a thought experiment, there is no definitive solution or proof for the concept of "An Endless Fall." It is meant to challenge our thinking and spark discussions about the limits of our understanding of the universe.

4. What are some potential implications of this paradox?

The implications of "An Endless Fall" are vast and could lead to new theories and discoveries in the field of physics. It could also raise questions about the nature of reality and the possibility of multiple dimensions or universes.

5. How does this thought experiment contribute to the scientific community?

"An Endless Fall" encourages scientists to think outside of the box and explore unconventional ideas. It also serves as a reminder that there is still much we don't know about the universe, and there is always room for further exploration and discovery.