Annoying Popup-Dialogs in Maple 11

• Maple
  • Thread starter wildemar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the user is trying to use the grTensor2 package but is having problems with pop up dialogs. The workaround is to use .mpl files instead.
wildemar
OK, last question for today :)

As you may see from my other questions, I'm trying to do some tensor calculations in Maple. I would have liked to use the grTensor2 package for this, but what blew it for me is that apparently the readstat command summons a dialog box, which makes it not only inconvenient (no "pretty" math input) but pretty much unusable in the case of grTensor, as you define metrics via several steps of text entry. The problem then is that the actual queries are not displayed on screen because the dialog box blocks all the rest of maple (even the help screens are unusable).

So in short: How can I turn off these wretched dialog boxes? I'm running maple 11 on a fedora 8 box, in case that's important.

Thanks for any pointers.
/W

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I have now the same problem as you had but with
Maple 12 and Grtensor. Did you solve this problem somehow?
Your advice would be highly welcomed because I am not able
to do some reasonable work without GRtensor.
Thanks Hedvika

Sorry, haven't found a real solution yet. But as a workaround, I just started defining the tensors as .mpl files (the same way they are stored anyway) and loading these with qload. Just look at some predefined metrics and you'll figure it out pretty quickly.

best of luck,
/W

Thanks for reply :-)
I have just found "solution" -- there exists classical worksheet for maple 12
for 32 bit linux, try in terminal

xmaple -cw

It really works:-) no pop up dialog!
The classical worksheet does not exists for 64 bit linux, sorry if you have one then
I believe your approach is the good one.
Good luck :-) H

Hey, cool. Thanks.

By now I've gotten so used to defining metrics via the scripts that I'm probably not going to do this a lot, but it's good to know nonetheless.

:) Take care
/W

Related to Annoying Popup-Dialogs in Maple 11

1. What are annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11?

Annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11 are small windows that appear on the screen while using the software. They often interrupt the user's workflow and can be frustrating.

2. Why do annoying popup-dialogs occur in Maple 11?

Annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11 can occur for various reasons, such as errors in the software, outdated plugins or add-ons, or conflicting settings. They can also appear when the software needs to perform a specific action or request user input.

3. How can I prevent annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11?

To prevent annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11, ensure that your software is up to date and all plugins and add-ons are compatible. You can also adjust the settings to disable specific popup-dialogs or turn off notifications. It is also helpful to regularly clean up your computer to avoid any potential conflicts.

4. Can I customize annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11?

Yes, you can customize annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11 to a certain extent. You can adjust the frequency of notifications, choose which types of dialogs you want to see, and even change the appearance of the dialogs. However, some essential popup-dialogs cannot be disabled or customized.

5. Is there a way to permanently remove annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11?

No, it is not recommended to permanently remove annoying popup-dialogs in Maple 11. While they can be frustrating, they often provide important information or requests that are necessary for the software to function correctly. If you are experiencing excessive or unnecessary popup-dialogs, it is best to troubleshoot the issue rather than permanently removing them.