Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge

In summary: The book is about witches and the trials that they went through. It has a Latin name, but I can't remember it. I think it's something like "Maleficarum." I believe it's in one of Poe's stories, but I'm not sure which one. I'm going to have to look for it. Thanks for the help!
Adam
Same rules. One answer per customer. Try to be honest and supply your answer without simply looking it up somewhere. Rely on your own knowledge.

1) In Thomsen's Three-Age System, the Iron Age begins first in which continent: Asia, Europe, or Africa?

2) Who was the mother of the god Horus?

3) "Who the hell is Urban Müller?"

4) Who is Ace Rimmer?

5) Who wrote the famous essay in 1993 titled The Singularity?

6) Which famous religious leader (deceased, or not, depending on how you look at it) was born in Lumbini, Nepal?

7) Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger wrote which infamous book?

8) "Bottom" is a quark or a lepton?

9) Which country shares borders with all of: Russian Federation, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, and Lithuania?

10) Which terrorist group assassinated Franz Ferdinand?

Physics news on Phys.org
8) quark, but I prefer to think b refers to beauty

4) A version of Arnold Judas Rimmer in a parallel universe in the sitcom Red Dwarf.

2) Isis.

(message was too short :-p)

6) (Gautama) Buddha

Kramer&Sprenger : I don't remember the name of this book - it's Latin, I think, but I know which subject it discusses. I read about it in one of Poe's stories...

Last edited:
Adam said:
9) Which country shares borders with all of: Russian Federation, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, and Lithuania?

Belarus.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Well done. Especially on the Belarus. I wouldn't expect many people outside of mainland Europe to get that one without looking it up.

I was going to say that that question rang a "Bell", but I wasn't certain, so I shut up.

10) The Black Hand assassinated Franz Ferdinand. What do you know, it rhymes! :biggrin:

9)Belarus! HA! I know one of these! I also knew the bottom quark, but was late on the draw.

Paden Roder

Iron Age should have began first in China IIRC.

Bottom is a quark.

Belarus

Gosh darnit. On further review, I found out that The Bob answered before I did! I am yet to get one of these first!

I hope you feel good The Bob, I hope you feel good... :mad:

Paden Roder :smile:

Adam said:
Well done. Especially on the Belarus. I wouldn't expect many people outside of mainland Europe to get that one without looking it up.

Cheers. Athough I dislike Geography I do like to know the capitals and location of the countries around the world. As the UK is a part of Europe it is my best. :smile:

PRodQuanta said:
Gosh darnit. On further review, I found out that The Bob answered before I did! I am yet to get one of these first!

I hope you feel good The Bob, I hope you feel good... :mad:

Paden Roder :smile:

Well I do feel good because I felt the same as you. I thought someone would have answered it before me but they didn't so I thought I would get my first answer right.

Sorry Paden Roder. :redface: :biggrin: Friends? *The Bob offers his hand to shake*

The Bob (2004 ©)

Okay, all good so far except the Iron Age thing.

This is my second shot.

Q7) I believe this a book about "witches" and/or the trials. If I'm right, it has some Latin name that I don't recall. There's a reference to it in one of Poe's stories. Since you (Adam) now own the entire collection of Poe's works, you will/have come across it somewhere there.

Like fudge. I've barely started on the Poe stuff.

Related to Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge

What is "Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge"?

"Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge" is a book that contains a collection of difficult questions and their answers on various topics, such as science, history, and literature.

Who wrote "Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge"?

The author of "Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge" is not specified. It is likely a compilation of questions and answers from various sources.

Why is it important to test our knowledge on tough questions?

Testing our knowledge on tough questions helps us identify our strengths and weaknesses in different areas. It also helps us expand our knowledge and critical thinking skills.

What are some examples of tough questions in the book?

Examples of tough questions in the book include: "What is the smallest country in the world?", "What is the capital of Mongolia?", and "Who invented the telephone?"

Can "Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge" be used as a study tool?

Yes, "Answers to Tough Questions: Test Your Knowledge" can be a useful study tool for testing and improving one's knowledge on various subjects. It can also be used as a fun and challenging activity.