ANSYS Workbench: Plane Strain Problem

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of importing a 2D assembly from SolidWorks to Ansys. The speaker has tried various formats and methods but has not been successful. They are seeking help and asking for a PDF guide on 2D assembly modelling and plane strain analysis. There is also a suggestion to check the import options for IGES files.
ayazurrehman
I have an assembly of two 2D surfaces. I modeled it on SolidWorks however, I could not import it to Ansys in any format. I tried SLDASM, Step and IGES. I tried modelling the same on Workbench modeller. However, I could not figure out a way to model 2D assemblies on the modeller.

Can someone please help me sort out the problem?

Is there a PDF available online that gives steps to do 2D assembly modelling on ANSYS workbench and also gives steps to run a plane strain analysis.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is there an option when importing the IGES file to specify if the geometry is a solid or a surface?

Related to ANSYS Workbench: Plane Strain Problem

What is ANSYS Workbench?

ANSYS Workbench is a software platform used for engineering simulation and analysis. It provides a user-friendly interface for creating and solving complex engineering problems.

What is a plane strain problem in ANSYS Workbench?

A plane strain problem in ANSYS Workbench is a type of structural analysis that assumes the material is infinitely long and thin in one direction. This simplifies the problem and allows for faster and more accurate results.

How do I create a plane strain problem in ANSYS Workbench?

To create a plane strain problem in ANSYS Workbench, you will need to use the 2D Plane Strain structural analysis system. This can be found in the "Analysis Systems" tab when creating a new project. You will also need to input the material properties, boundary conditions, and loads for your specific problem.

What types of problems can be solved using ANSYS Workbench?

ANSYS Workbench can be used to solve a wide range of engineering problems, including structural, thermal, electromagnetic, and fluid dynamics analyses. It is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and manufacturing.

Is ANSYS Workbench suitable for beginners?

The user-friendly interface of ANSYS Workbench makes it accessible for beginners, but it does require some technical knowledge and understanding of engineering principles to use effectively. The software also offers tutorials and training resources for new users to learn how to use it for different types of problems.