Are there any books about how to teach nuclear reactor physics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for books or papers on teaching reactor physics, with the mention of traditional texts such as Lamarsh, Henry, and Duderstadt. There is also a mention of the book "Nuclear Reactor Engineering" by Glasstone and Sessonske, which is praised for its practicality and instrumentation section.
googlefans
Hello ,every one . I am a reactor physics teacher . I want to find some books or papers about how to teaching reactor physics. if you know it ,please tell me. Thank you very much.

Science news on Phys.org
I'm unaware of such book. Traditional texts are Lamarsh, Henry, and Duderstadt. Older teachers tend to emphasize analytical solutions and to some extent numerical schemes. Younger teachers focus more on implementation of numerical methods and code development.

googlefans said:
Hello ,every one . I am a reactor physics teacher . I want to find some books or papers about how to teaching reactor physics. if you know it ,please tell me. Thank you very much.

Who are you teaching this to? You need to clearly specify your audience/students and their expected level of knowledge.

Zz.

I loved Glasstone and Sessonske "Nuclear Reactor Engineering"
this edition

upload_2017-8-8_20-43-14.png

it was practical with an excellent section on instrumentation that is not in my later edition.

Related to Are there any books about how to teach nuclear reactor physics?

1. What is the best book for beginners to learn about nuclear reactor physics?

The best book for beginners to learn about nuclear reactor physics is "Nuclear Reactor Physics" by Weston M. Stacey. It provides a comprehensive and easy-to-understand introduction to the subject.

2. Are there any books that cover advanced topics in nuclear reactor physics?

Yes, there are several books that cover advanced topics in nuclear reactor physics such as "Advanced Nuclear Reactor Physics" by T.R. Govindan and "Nuclear Reactor Physics" by John R. Lamarsh.

3. Can you recommend a book that explains the principles of nuclear reactor design?

"Introduction to Nuclear Reactor Theory" by John R. Lamarsh and Anthony J. Baratta is a highly recommended book that explains the principles of nuclear reactor design in a clear and concise manner.

4. Are there any books that focus specifically on the safety aspects of nuclear reactors?

Yes, "Nuclear Reactor Safety" by James J. Duderstadt and Louis J. Hamilton is a comprehensive book that focuses specifically on the safety aspects of nuclear reactors.

5. Is there a book that combines theory with practical applications of nuclear reactor physics?

"Nuclear Reactor Theory and Practice" by Keith E. Holbert and Steven A. Wright is a great book that combines theory with practical applications of nuclear reactor physics. It also includes numerous examples and exercises for students to practice and apply their knowledge.