Best ways/sites to search for teaching job

In summary, the best ways to search for local college jobs as an instructor in Chicago, IL are by attending the annual AAPT Job Fair in February, checking the Physics Today jobs website, and visiting the homepages of the Physics and Human Resources departments of each institution. Utilizing Google or Yahoo maps can also aid in finding relevant institutions. Additionally, considering high schools or other schools like IMSA or U Chicago Lab School may provide opportunities as well.
smallphi
What are the best ways or internet sites to search the local colleges for job as an instructor, not necessarily tenure track? I am in Chicago, IL.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's what I would do:

Note that in February the http://www.aapt.org/events/wm2009/" will be in Chicago. [I'll be there.]
Some local institutions might be among those participating in the Job Fair. Check the Physics Today jobs website: http://www.aip.org/pt/jobs/ .

I'd visit the homepages of the Physics Department and the Human Resources department of each institution.

(Use Google or Yahoo maps to find the institutions: e.g. maps.google.com/maps?q=college loc%3A Chicago%2C IL. Make the appropriate changes for "university", "institute", "school", etc... )

Since you are local, you also might consider making contact with places and maybe visiting in person and dropping off your CV [just in case].

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks a lot. As usual best advise comes from you !

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Best ways/sites to search for teaching job

1. What are the best websites to search for teaching jobs?

Some popular websites for searching teaching jobs include Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor. There are also specialized websites for specific subjects or grade levels, such as HigherEdJobs for higher education positions and Teach.org for K-12 teaching jobs.

2. How can I make my job search more efficient?

One way to make your job search more efficient is by setting up job alerts on the websites you are using. This way, you will be notified whenever a new job that matches your criteria is posted. You can also save job searches and easily apply to multiple jobs at once.

3. Are there any specific tips for finding teaching jobs in a certain location?

If you are looking for teaching jobs in a specific location, it is helpful to research the local school district's website. They often have a section for job openings and may post positions that are not advertised on other job search websites. You can also network with other teachers in the area or attend job fairs.

4. What should I include in my teaching job application?

In addition to your resume and cover letter, you should also include any relevant certifications or licenses, a list of references, and a teaching philosophy statement. It is important to tailor your application to each specific job and highlight your relevant experience and skills.

5. How can I stand out in a competitive job market?

To stand out in a competitive job market, it is important to showcase your unique qualifications and experiences. This could include highlighting any specialized training or certifications you have, providing examples of successful lesson plans or projects you have implemented, and demonstrating your passion for teaching. Networking and building relationships with other educators can also help you stand out and potentially lead to job opportunities.