Can Black Holes Cause Supernovas by Fusing Heavy Atoms in Their Singularities?

Th_Kramer
How did you find PF?
The artificial intelligence "ChatGPT" recommended this website for my physics questions.
Eu tinha visitado outro site, mas eles tinham regras contra questões não relacionadas à física convencional ou questões um tanto tangenciais. Acabei visitando este site esperando uma segunda chance com minhas investigações de física. Espero que tudo corra bem.

I had visited another site, but they had rules against questions unrelated to conventional physics or somewhat tangential questions. I ended up visiting this site hoping for a second chance with my physics investigations. I hope everything goes well.

[Intro translated by the Mentors]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile:

Th_Kramer said:
How did you find PF?: The artificial intelligence "ChatGPT" recommended this website for my physics questions.

Eu tinha visitado outro site, mas eles tinham regras contra questões não relacionadas à física convencional ou questões um tanto tangenciais. Acabei visitando este site esperando uma segunda chance com minhas investigações de física. Espero que tudo corra bem.

I had visited another site, but they had rules against questions unrelated to conventional physics or somewhat tangential questions. I ended up visiting this site hoping for a second chance with my physics investigations. I hope everything goes well.

[Intro translated by the Mentors]

Please take care to translate your posts into English. Thank you very much. :smile:

Th_Kramer said:
How did you find PF?: The artificial intelligence "ChatGPT" recommended this website for my physics questions.

Oh, and I just read the translation -- PF has similar rules about mainstream science only (see INFO at the top of the page). This is a great place for discussing mainstream science and education, but not so much for "unconventional" physics. :smile:

berkeman said:
Oh, and I just read the translation -- PF has similar rules about mainstream science only (see INFO at the top of the page). This is a great place for discussing mainstream science and education, but not so much for "unconventional" physics. :smile:
Complicated. I think I ended up posting the same question, but it was before I saw this. Does this apply to questions like 'Would it be possible for such a thing to happen in such a place?'"

It's best to post links to your reading when starting threads with technical questions at PF.

For general technical questions, post them in the appropriate technical forum (start the thread by filling out the form at the top of the forum) and include links to your reading that you've been doing and ask questions about that reading. In some of the technical forums the thread title will include a prefix that you can set to B/I/A for Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced for the level that you would like the replies to be. I is undergraduate university level, and A is graduate school level and above.

It looks like you've placed your question in the right forum and marked it with the "B" Basic prefix, which is good. You should probably get good responses there. It would have been better if you could have posted links to the technical reading you've been doing so far, but that's probably okay this time. Thanks for asking. :smile:

Th_Kramer said:
TL;DR Summary: I'm wondering if it would be possible to have nuclear fusion of very heavy atoms in the singularity of a black hole, and as a bonus, another question about a hypothetical situation.

Would it be possible for Black Holes to undergo nuclear fusion of materials with very high atomic numbers (above 118 or the majority of known atoms) in their singularity, producing any signs, including photons across the spectrum? Furthermore, I was thinking aloud and wondering, what prevents the contained energy from becoming so immense that at some point in this fusion, black holes end up causing a kind of 'supernova' and scattering their matter around?

I'll go ahead and close this Introductory thread for now. Feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions (click my avatar and "Start a Conversation").

Related to Can Black Holes Cause Supernovas by Fusing Heavy Atoms in Their Singularities?

What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for individuals to connect, share knowledge, and engage in discussions related to a specific topic or interest.

How can I introduce myself as a new member?

You can introduce yourself by creating a post or thread in the designated section for introductions. You can also participate in existing discussions and mention that you are a new member.

What guidelines should I follow while using this forum?

It is important to read and follow the forum's rules and guidelines to ensure a positive and respectful environment for all members. Additionally, be mindful of posting in the appropriate sections and avoid spamming or trolling.

How can I interact with other members on this forum?

You can interact with other members by commenting on their posts, replying to their comments, or sending them private messages. It is also encouraged to participate in discussions and share your own thoughts and opinions.

Are there any resources available to help me navigate this forum?

Yes, most forums have a "Help" or "FAQ" section that provides information on how to use the forum's features and troubleshoot any issues. You can also reach out to the forum moderators or administrators for assistance.

Back