Can I Achieve My Ambitious Goals in My First Year of University?

• Thread starter kpuding
  • Start date
In summary, achieving ambitious goals in the first year of university is possible, but it requires dedication, hard work, and proper time management. Being proactive and setting realistic goals can lead to success, but it is also important to be open to adjusting them as needed. Building a strong support system and seeking guidance from mentors can also greatly contribute to achieving goals. Additionally, staying focused, organized, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance can help students reach their desired achievements in their first year of university.
kpuding
So next week I'm going to be starting my 4 years of struggle in physics major and I have plans for it. I know this will sound like a kid who just watched Kurzgesagt videos on Youtube having a daydream, but I will still say it. I am planning to study 8 semester worth of physics courses in my first year of university, learn engineering theories and skills, study programming and compete in ICPC, be great in electrical engineering and make my own humanoid robot, be fluent in Chinese; Japanese; and Russian, have relationships with top international researchers, and lastly create nuclear fusion reactor that generates more power than it consumes. I am aware that it is unlikely for me to achieve my plans. Therefore, I am hoping that this forums can give me the help that I need.

Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
kpuding said:
So next week I'm going to be starting my 4 years of struggle in physics major and I have plans for it. I know this will sound like a kid who just watched Kurzgesagt videos on Youtube having a daydream, but I will still say it. I am planning to study 8 semester worth of physics courses in my first year of university, learn engineering theories and skills, study programming and compete in ICPC, be great in electrical engineering and make my own humanoid robot, be fluent in Chinese; Japanese; and Russian, have relationships with top international researchers, and lastly create nuclear fusion reactor that generates more power than it consumes. I am aware that it is unlikely for me to achieve my plans. Therefore, I am hoping that this forums can give me the help that I need.
I can't tell if you are serious or not, but whatever your real goals/plans are, good luck and welcome to PF.

russ_watters said:
I can't tell if you are serious or not, but whatever your real goals/plans are, good luck and welcome to PF.
well, I hope I'm serious enough. Thank you.

kpuding said:
Maybe drop the Japanese.

• Haha
Likes russ_watters and berkeman