Check my P=NP proof for errors (based on incompleteness of ZFC)

• Thread starter porton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
porton
TL;DR Summary
Check my P=NP proof for errors.
Please check for errors my proof of P=NP:
PDF file
It is based on set theory and logic (incompleteness of ZFC). It uses also inversions of bijections, algorithms as arguments of other algorithms, reduction of SAT to another NP problem.

[Moderator's note: link removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
porton said:
TL;DR Summary: Check my P=NP proof for errors.

Please check for errors my proof of P=NP:
PDF file
It is based on set theory and logic (incompleteness of ZFC). It uses also inversions of bijections, algorithms as arguments of other algorithms, reduction of SAT to another NP problem.
Sorry, I'm afraid we do not debunk or proofread unpublished work here. A discussion requires publication in a serious science journal.

However, this problem is so old that it is extremely unlikely that you have achieved where hundreds of scientists have failed.

This thread is closed. For interested readers about the problem, see
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/p-vs-np-conjecture-calculations-and-meaning/

Likes berkeman
A bit of advice for the lucky one who actually will solve this problem. If it would be ##P=NP## which I seriously doubt, then do not publish it! Deduce a polynomial traveling salesman algorithm instead, secure your copyright, and sell it to the thousands of traffic companies in the world that run trucks, container ships, or airplanes.

Related to Check my P=NP proof for errors (based on incompleteness of ZFC)

1. What is the concept of P=NP and how does it relate to ZFC?

The concept of P=NP is a fundamental problem in computer science that asks whether problems that are easy to verify (NP) are also easy to solve (P). Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory (ZFC) is a foundational system in mathematics that is used to prove theorems about sets and is closely related to the concept of P=NP.

2. Why is the incompleteness of ZFC important in relation to P=NP?

The incompleteness of ZFC, as proven by Kurt Gödel, means that there are certain statements that cannot be proven or disproven within the system. This has implications for the concept of P=NP, as it suggests that it may not be possible to prove or disprove this problem using the axioms of ZFC.

3. How does a proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC work?

A proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC would involve showing that certain statements related to P=NP cannot be proven or disproven within the system of ZFC. This would suggest that the problem is undecidable within the system and cannot be resolved using its axioms.

4. What are some common errors to look out for in a proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC?

Some common errors to look out for in a proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC include assuming that ZFC is consistent, using unproven assumptions, and neglecting to address the limitations of ZFC in relation to P=NP. It is important to carefully examine the logic and assumptions used in the proof to ensure its validity.

5. How can a scientist determine if a proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC is valid?

A scientist can determine the validity of a proof for P=NP based on incompleteness of ZFC by carefully analyzing the logic and assumptions used, checking for any errors or fallacies, and seeking peer review and feedback from experts in the field. It is also important to consider the limitations of ZFC and the broader implications of the proof for the concept of P=NP.