Clever Geometry in this Video

Hornbein
Something I never would have suspected.

Likes FactChecker and jedishrfu
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm not as impressed by how they are moving now as I am that the balls were initially set up perfectly.

Likes Vanadium 50
FactChecker said:
I'm not as impressed by how they are moving now as I am that the balls were initially set up perfectly.
I thought the same. I'd think you'd have to have the balls held by electromagnets that are then released sequentially. It seems virtually impossible to do this by hand. Having the channels made so precisely that the balls all move the same way must also be some computerized thing.

It may have been inspired by this simulation done 3 years prior.

Likes FactChecker
Guys, it's CGI. These kinds of Marble Madness videos are all over the innertoobs.

This one is actually labeled "CGI animation":

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes berkeman, FactChecker and Hornbein
DaveC426913 said:
Guys, it's CGI. These kinds of Marble Madness videos are all over the innertoobs.
Now I feel like a caveman confused by fire. A lot of the animated Youtube videos have fooled me recently. They have become incredibly realistic. This one is clearly identified as animated using Blender in the Youtube description. I wish that Youtube had a policy that the title indicate CGI.

• Haha
Likes DaveC426913
I once looked into Blender. I concluded that life was too short to learn Blender.

Likes FactChecker