Comparing Sixth Form and Junior Year in the US: A Student's Perspective

• Thread starter margaery
  • Start date
In summary, Sixth Form and Junior Year in the US may seem similar in terms of being the last years of high school, but they have distinct differences in terms of academics, social life, and responsibilities. Sixth Form, also known as senior year, is focused on preparing students for college while Junior Year is more about exploring different subjects and extracurricular activities. The workload in Sixth Form is more rigorous and time-consuming, compared to Junior Year where there is more flexibility in choosing classes. Socially, Sixth Form students are treated more like adults and are given more freedom, while Junior Year students are still under the supervision of their parents. Additionally, Sixth Form students are expected to take on leadership roles and have more responsibilities, while Junior Year students
margaery
(I was wondering if after all these years...)
Hi! I'm Kara and I'm a high school student. I'm studying in the UK and I am currently in sixth form (year 12, not sure about the US equivalent, I think it's.. Junior?) I apologise in advance for any silly questions I ask, physics has never been my strong suit.

Nice to meet you all!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!