Convert Data to STC: Power Equations

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding an equation to convert a large data set, which includes AC and DC power, currents, and voltages, back to STC (Standard Test Conditions). The data set is about 700 Mb and includes recorded solar data. The desired outcome is to plot the data on a chart and make it comparable to existing data sets. However, there is no specific equation stated for the conversion, and the size of the data set and its format are also discussed.
TroyStew33
Hi,

I have got a rather large data set and no matter how hard i look i can't find any equations to convert the data back to STC, i have both AC and DC power, all the currents and voltages and all the data sheets for the equipment. if someone could please help me find an equation to help it would be much appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
I'm sure there is someone who can help you, but we don't like guessing.

What is STC ?
How big is rather large, Megabyte ?
What is the data/file format ?
Can you post your data as an attached file ?

Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.
I'm sure there is someone who can help you, but we don't like guessing.

What is STC ?
How big is rather large, Megabyte ?
What is the data/file format ?
Can you post your data as an attached file ?
Hi Baluncore,

STC stands for Standard Test Conditions, the global standard is an irrandiance of 1000W/m^2 and a temperature of 25C.

My data set is recorded solar data and about 700Mb worth but you should be able to do it for a data single point.

For example;

I could have an AC output of 20kW with an irrandiance of 800W/m^2 and a temperature of 36C, the idea is to find out what that AC power value will be at the standard test conditions of 1000W/m^2 and 25C. I need this value so i can then plot the year of points on a chart and draw conclusions about the data and make them comparable to other data sets that already exist.

I have looked everywhere and read every book i have and nowhere does it specifically state how to actually do the conversion, just that it should be done.

Cheers

Related to Convert Data to STC: Power Equations

What is the purpose of converting data to STC?

The purpose of converting data to STC (Standard Temperature and Pressure) is to standardize the data to a set of conditions that are commonly used in scientific experiments and calculations. This allows for easier comparison and analysis of data from different sources.

What are the power equations used in converting data to STC?

The power equations used in converting data to STC are the Ideal Gas Law and the Combined Gas Law. These equations relate the variables of temperature, pressure, and volume to each other and are used to convert data to STC.

How do you convert data to STC using the Ideal Gas Law?

To convert data to STC using the Ideal Gas Law, you need to know the initial conditions of the gas (temperature, pressure, and volume) and the final conditions at STC (273.15 K and 1 atmosphere). Then, you can use the equation PV = nRT to calculate the number of moles of gas present at the initial conditions, and then use this value to calculate the final volume at STC.

What is the difference between STP and STC?

The main difference between STP (Standard Temperature and Pressure) and STC (Standard Temperature and Conditions) is the temperature used. STP uses a temperature of 0°C (273.15 K) and a pressure of 1 atmosphere, while STC uses a temperature of 20°C (293.15 K) and a pressure of 1 atmosphere.

Why is it important to convert data to STC?

Converting data to STC is important because it allows for easier comparison and analysis of data from different sources. It also helps to standardize the data to a set of conditions that are commonly used in scientific experiments and calculations, making the data more reliable and accurate.