Copy Latex without using "+quote"?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, there is currently no built-in feature to copy mathematical expressions from a post into the message editor as useful LaTex. However, you can right-click on the formula and select "Show math as -> TeX commands" to copy it in its original format from the message editor. This can be useful for testing purposes, as shown in the example formula.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Is there a good way to copy a mathematical expression from a post into the message editor without using the "+quote" feature below the post?

Of course, if I highlight a mathematical expression in post and use copy-paste into the message editor, the expression doesn't get pasted as useful LaTex. It would be nice to have a "copy-as-LaTex" option - or a "copy from source" option, meaning that it would copy the content as it was originally composed in the message editor.

Physics news on Phys.org
Right-click on the formula -> Show math as -> TeX commands

Example formula for tests: ##\sum_{i=1}^{k} U_{k}##

Likes ShayanJ

Related to Copy Latex without using "+quote"?

1. How can I copy Latex without using the "+quote" command?

To copy Latex without using the "+quote" command, you can use the command "\textquotesingle" before and after the text you want to quote. This will give you the same result as using "+quote" but without the command.

2. Is there a way to copy Latex without using any commands?

Yes, you can simply type the Latex code directly into your document without using any commands. However, using commands can make your code more organized and easier to read.

3. Why is it important to avoid using the "+quote" command?

The "+quote" command can sometimes cause formatting issues in your Latex document, especially when used multiple times. It is best to avoid using it and instead use other commands or typing the code directly.

4. Can I copy Latex without using any special characters?

No, Latex requires the use of special characters to format and display text. However, you can use alternative commands or methods to achieve the same result without using the "+quote" command.

5. Are there any alternative commands to "+quote" for copying Latex?

Yes, there are several alternative commands that can be used to copy Latex, such as "\enquote" and "\begin{quote}...\end{quote}". These commands have similar functions to "+quote" but may offer different formatting options.