Could Parallel Universes Be Created by Colliding Branes?

In summary, the conversation discusses the theory of parallel universes and branes in the 11th dimension colliding and creating our own universe. It is believed that the collision of branes results in a big bang and the creation of a new brane. The speaker suggests studying Mischio Kaku's "Parallel Universes" for a better understanding of the concept.
ptalar
Big Bang vs Big Collision??

I was watching Parallel Universes on the Science Channel the other night and they presented a theory where multiple Universes or Branes in the 11th Dimension collided and created our own Universe or Brane. Apparently the collision between two Universes creates another brane. Did I understand that correctly? Any thoughts?

Space news on Phys.org
ptalar said:
I was watching Parallel Universes on the Science Channel the other night and they presented a theory where multiple Universes or Branes in the 11th Dimension collided and created our own Universe or Brane. Apparently the collision between two Universes creates another brane. Did I understand that correctly? Any thoughts?

Forget it!
The more u will indulge the more u will get .So,collision of branes results in big bang and that in the universe . these branes keep colliding and how many times i don't know the next time as per predicament is 26 billion years from now so don't worry and keep on studying Mischio Kaku's "Parallel Universes",it will help u clear ur doubts more effeciently than i can.

Related to Could Parallel Universes Be Created by Colliding Branes?

1. What is the difference between the Big Bang and Big Collision theories?

The Big Bang theory proposes that the universe began as a singularity and expanded rapidly, while the Big Collision theory suggests that the universe was formed from the collision of two pre-existing universes.

2. Which theory is currently accepted by the scientific community?

The Big Bang theory is currently the most widely accepted theory for the origin of the universe. It is supported by a vast amount of observational and experimental evidence.

3. Can the Big Bang and Big Collision theories coexist?

Some scientists believe that the two theories can coexist, as the Big Collision theory does not necessarily contradict the Big Bang theory. However, more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between the two theories.

4. How do scientists gather evidence for the Big Bang and Big Collision theories?

Scientists gather evidence for these theories through a variety of methods, including observations of the cosmic microwave background radiation, analysis of the composition of the universe, and simulations using computer models.

5. What are some potential implications of the Big Bang and Big Collision theories?

If proven to be true, these theories could greatly expand our understanding of the universe and its origins. They could also potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in the field of cosmology.