Create DVI2PDF Profile in TeXnicCenter

• Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses using the TeXnixCenter editor to type Latex codes and encountering issues when including graphs from MATLAB. The solution is to create a dvi=>pdf profile manually and to use the LaTeX => PDF profile for saving Matlab figures as PDFs. Additionally, running the PDFs through a tool like pdfcrop can help reduce excessive whitespace added by MATLAB.
EngWiPy
Hello,

I am using TeXnixCenter editor to type Latex codes. But, when I enter some graphs in the code, from MATLAB for instance, the editor fail to buil the PDF file. It must be converted from DVI to PDF. But this profile is not exist in the options in my editor, so I have to create it manually. The question is: how can I create the dvi=>pdf profile?

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
I just use the LaTeX => PDF profile and save the Matlab figure as a pdf.

Also, I run all MATLAB pdfs through http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/pdfcrop.html to trim the huge amount of whitespace MATLAB adds for some reason.

Related to Create DVI2PDF Profile in TeXnicCenter

1. What is a DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter?

A DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter is a set of configurations and settings that allow you to convert your LaTeX document into a PDF format. It specifies which compiler to use, what packages to include, and other settings for your document to be compiled correctly.

2. How do I create a DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter?

To create a DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter, go to "Build" in the menu bar and select "Define Output Profiles." Then, click on the "Add" button and choose "LaTeX => PDF" as the profile type. You can then customize the settings and save the profile.

3. Can I have multiple DVI2PDF profiles in TeXnicCenter?

Yes, you can have multiple DVI2PDF profiles in TeXnicCenter. This allows you to have different settings for different types of documents or for different projects.

4. How do I use a DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter?

To use a DVI2PDF profile in TeXnicCenter, select it from the drop-down menu in the "Build" tab. Then, click on the "Build" button to compile your document using the selected profile.

5. What should I do if my DVI2PDF profile is not working correctly?

If your DVI2PDF profile is not working correctly, double-check the settings and make sure they are correct. You can also try selecting a different profile or creating a new one. If the issue persists, you may need to troubleshoot your LaTeX installation or consult with other users for help.