Creating recovery drives from manufacturer's recovery part

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
In summary: And the manufacturer either provided you the tools to make a recovery CD/DVD/USB or they did not. If they did not, you are stuck.But what makes the manufacturer's tool so special and precise? Why cannot other recovery-making tools, such as rufus, work with them?
mech-eng
What are the best ways or tools to create recovery drives such as recovery DVDs or USB recovery drives?

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean by recovery? Windows provides recovery drives as CDs. Knoppix can be downloaded to a USB stick to make a recovery drive that will boot your machine to Knoppix linux so you can get some of your lost files.

Some people will simply mount a USB stick and copy selected files to it using a script. Usually the USB stick is too small to hold all your files though.

Use the tools provided by the manufacturer of the PC.

jedishrfu said:
What do you mean by recovery? Windows provides recovery drives as CDs.

Sorry for poor explanation. Actually it wasn't about data recovery but about system recovery. PC manufacturer's might provide a recovery part as a hard drive partition, in mine it is called as recovery part and is almost 12 GB.

Thank you.

Last edited:
And the manufacturer either provided you the tools to make a recovery CD/DVD/USB or they did not. If they did not, you are stuck.

Vanadium 50 said:
And the manufacturer either provided you the tools to make a recovery CD/DVD/USB or they did not. If they did not, you are stuck.

But what makes the manufacturer's tool so special and precise? Why cannot other recovery-making tools, such as rufus, work with them? What is the technical background and reasons for this precise situation?

Thank you.

They don't want you taking the recovery image to a different computer and using it to install bundled software. Furthermore, they don't want to unnecessarily complicate matters: if you can use it to do recovery on that PC, it's good enough. They don't have to work to add features beyond this.

Vanadium 50 said:
They don't want you taking the recovery image to a different computer and using it to install bundled software. Furthermore, they don't want to unnecessarily complicate matters: if you can use it to do recovery on that PC, it's good enough. They don't have to work to add features beyond this.

But I think the worst thing is that owners of PC can have only one recovery part, if I understand it correctly?

The note of 1 in the link: Everything on the drive is deleted when you create the recovery drive.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-n000-notebook-pc-series/5401225/model/5443031/document/c03529751

This is a risk because what if the recovery part we carried from PC to an external device such as a usb stick break down or external device break down itself?

Thank you.

Why the heck are you arguing with me? Argue with the manufacturers.

Related to Creating recovery drives from manufacturer's recovery part

1. How do I create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition?

To create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition, you will need to access the recovery partition on your computer. This can usually be done by pressing a specific key during startup, such as F11 or F12. Once you have accessed the recovery partition, follow the steps provided by the manufacturer to create a recovery drive.

2. Can I use a USB drive to create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition?

Yes, you can use a USB drive to create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition. Make sure the USB drive has enough storage space and follow the steps provided by the manufacturer to create the recovery drive.

3. Is it necessary to create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition?

While it is not necessary to create a recovery drive from the manufacturer's recovery partition, it is highly recommended. This recovery drive will allow you to restore your computer to its original factory settings in case of system failure or other issues.

4. Can I use a recovery drive created from another computer's manufacturer's recovery partition?

No, it is not recommended to use a recovery drive created from another computer's manufacturer's recovery partition. Each computer's recovery partition is specific to that particular device and using it on a different computer may cause compatibility issues.

5. What should I do if I no longer have access to the manufacturer's recovery partition?

If you no longer have access to the manufacturer's recovery partition, you can still create a recovery drive by using a third-party software. There are many free and paid options available online that can help you create a recovery drive for your computer.