Design of a 1m Belt Conveyor to Carry Soaps

In summary, Asela is asking for help determining the most suitable motor for a belt conveyor to carry soaps. She believes that the calculations for this system are too difficult and that she needs someone to provide her with a starting point.

What is the best?

• Nokia

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sony Ericson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
abollegala
Dear friends,
I have a problem to design a belt conveyor. Details are as follows.
total Length 1m
loads: This conveyor to be carry soaps weight of 85grams each.
There are 10 soaps on the conveyor at any given time.
Soaps are fallen on to the moving conveyor belt from a height of 300mm 7 then it should be traveled along the whole length of the conveyor.
Speed at which soaps are to be traveled = 0.5 m/s

please kindly propose the size of the suitable roller size and the Motor Specification with calculations.
Because i have to submit design calculations to go ahead with the job.

thanks in advance.
Asela

Engineering news on Phys.org
i guess you should be worried about your belt tension value as u said soap weight is 85 g so its very small value you will need a small motor with 2 pullies one is driver and the other on the first roller
and two rollers 1 is driver and other is driven
the size of roller axe could be 25 mm it will be very durable and use simple ball bearing as 6205 that's all i think u can assume and dun be afraid this is not such a heavy duety application

maxx_payne said:
i guess you should be worried about your belt tension value as u said soap weight is 85 g so its very small value you will need a small motor with 2 pullies one is driver and the other on the first roller
and two rollers 1 is driver and other is driven
the size of roller axe could be 25 mm it will be very durable and use simple ball bearing as 6205 that's all i think u can assume and dun be afraid this is not such a heavy duety application

Thanks Friend..
But have to worry much about the calculation..
If you have the theory behind this pls send to me..
Thanks

abollegala said:
Dear friends,
I have a problem to design a belt conveyor. Details are as follows.
total Length 1m
loads: This conveyor to be carry soaps weight of 85grams each.
There are 10 soaps on the conveyor at any given time.
Soaps are fallen on to the moving conveyor belt from a height of 300mm 7 then it should be traveled along the whole length of the conveyor.
Speed at which soaps are to be traveled = 0.5 m/s

please kindly propose the size of the suitable roller size and the Motor Specification with calculations.
Because i have to submit design calculations to go ahead with the job.

thanks in advance.
Asela

Hi Asela,

I think you've misunderstood the purpose of these sub-forums. The volunteers here "help" with problems, they don't do your work for you. It's quite a bit of work to come up with a design for any system so you'll need to do the bulk of the work first, then present your calculations, and then ask for specific help.

CS

stewartcs said:
Hi Asela,

I think you've misunderstood the purpose of these sub-forums. The volunteers here "help" with problems, they don't do your work for you. It's quite a bit of work to come up with a design for any system so you'll need to do the bulk of the work first, then present your calculations, and then ask for specific help.

CS

Thank you very much for your comment.. But what i wanted was not the thing you have mentioned.
I need to know the theories behind the determining the most suitable motor for the conveyor. Not the calculation.
If somebody can just guide me to a starting point, I am very grateful to him. (Ex. You first consider the motion of the belt and apply this equation... )

Thanks..

Related to Design of a 1m Belt Conveyor to Carry Soaps

1. What are the important factors to consider when designing a 1m belt conveyor for carrying soaps?

When designing a 1m belt conveyor for carrying soaps, it is important to consider the weight and size of the soaps, the speed and capacity requirements, the type of conveyor belt material, and any potential hazards or safety precautions.

2. How do you determine the appropriate speed for the conveyor belt?

The speed of the conveyor belt should be determined based on the weight and size of the soaps, as well as the desired production rate. It is important to ensure that the speed is not too fast or too slow, as either can cause issues with product quality and conveyor efficiency.

3. What type of conveyor belt material is best for carrying soaps?

The best type of conveyor belt material for carrying soaps is typically a smooth and durable material such as rubber or plastic. These materials provide a non-slip surface and can withstand the chemicals and moisture often found in soap production facilities.

4. What safety precautions should be taken when working with a soap conveyor?

When working with a soap conveyor, it is important to have safety guards and emergency stop buttons in place to prevent accidents. Regular maintenance and inspections should also be conducted to ensure the conveyor is functioning properly and to identify any potential hazards.

5. How can the conveyor be optimized for efficient soap transportation?

The conveyor can be optimized for efficient soap transportation by using a smooth and continuous belt, properly aligning and tensioning the conveyor, and regularly cleaning and maintaining the equipment. Additionally, the speed and capacity of the conveyor should be carefully monitored and adjusted as needed to ensure maximum efficiency.