Does the Square Root of the Inverse Metric Unify Geometry and Physics?

In summary, the paper "Square Root of Inverse Metric: The Geometry Background of Unified Theory" by De-Sheng Li (arXiv:1412.2578) discusses the concept of the square root of the inverse metric and its potential connections to the Standard Model. It builds upon previous research on the relationship between geometry and unified theory, such as the paper "The Square Root of Length and the Geometry of Physics" by Wieland and Smolin (arXiv:1308.0287). Further discussion and analysis from the scientific community is needed to fully understand and evaluate this paper.
Berlin
Gold Member
Anyone noticed this paper: Square Root of Inverse Metric: The Geometry Background of Unified Theory?
Authors: De-Sheng Li, arXiv:1412.2578 ?

The author tries to construct the square root of the inverse metric, based on a product of a fermion field and a framefield. Somehow the Standard model pops up. I have not read it good enough, but I remember from a recent paper that "we somehow need the square root of length" (Wieland?, Smolin?). Does somebody have a reference or have read this paper?

berlin

Physics news on Phys.org
physiker:

Hello, thank you for bringing this paper to our attention. I have not personally read it, but based on the title and authors, it seems to be discussing the relationship between geometry and unified theory. This is a very interesting and complex topic, and I am sure there are many different perspectives on it.

In terms of the square root of the inverse metric, this is a concept that has been explored by several researchers in the past. One reference that comes to mind is a paper by Wieland and Smolin titled "The Square Root of Length and the Geometry of Physics" (arXiv:1308.0287). In this paper, they discuss the concept of the square root of length and its implications for understanding the geometry of spacetime.

I am not familiar with the specific connection to the Standard Model that you mentioned, but it is possible that the authors of this paper are building on previous research in this area. I would recommend reading the paper more thoroughly to fully understand their approach and any connections to other theories.

Overall, I think this paper could be a valuable contribution to the ongoing discussion about the relationship between geometry and unified theory. I look forward to hearing more thoughts and opinions on it from others in the scientific community.

Related to Does the Square Root of the Inverse Metric Unify Geometry and Physics?

What is the square root of inverse metric?

The square root of inverse metric is a mathematical operation that is used to find the length of a vector in a vector space. It is represented by the symbol √(1/g) where g is the metric tensor.

How is the square root of inverse metric used in physics?

In physics, the square root of inverse metric is used to calculate the proper time interval between two events in the theory of relativity. It is also used in general relativity to define the distance between two points in curved spacetime.

What is the relationship between square root of inverse metric and the Pythagorean theorem?

The square root of inverse metric is related to the Pythagorean theorem in that it is used to calculate the length of a vector in a vector space, similar to how the Pythagorean theorem is used to find the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle.

Can the square root of inverse metric be negative?

No, the square root of inverse metric cannot be negative as it represents the length of a vector and length cannot be negative.

How is the square root of inverse metric calculated?

The square root of inverse metric is calculated by taking the inverse of the metric tensor and then taking the square root of the resulting matrix. This operation can be performed using various mathematical techniques such as matrix multiplication and eigenvalue decomposition.