Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!

• Thread starter bigu01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Invention
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of a dream invention for a presentation. The original idea was a gadget that does homework by itself, but it was pointed out that it may not be a realistic or original idea. Other suggestions were made, such as using technology to download information directly into the brain or creating a superconductor at any temperature. However, the focus of the conversation shifted to discussing the topic of superconductors and their potential uses. In conclusion, the conversation did not yield any concrete ideas for the dream invention, but it did spark interesting discussions about technology and physics.
bigu01
Hey guys, I have a presentation to do and it's called my dream invention.It's like I will present something that I had dreamed it would happen or be invented but its outside reality, the thing is that we need one article or something many people have thought about. I was thinking to do like a gadget that does your homework by itself , but I could not find any source about it or any thing, if you have any better or more sourceable idea than me feel free to post it and help me in this English course.

Physics news on Phys.org
If only you had some gadget that did your homework by itself...

I really doubt you'll have an easy time finding a serious article about a device that does your homework for you. The only thing related that I can think of are those pens that record your writing strokes so you can upload them to a computer. (like this i think: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AAN4PW/?tag=pfamazon01-20)

Last edited by a moderator:
bigu01 said:
I was thinking to do like a gadget that does your homework by itself [...]
You're thinking too small. Why not bypass the need for conventional education (and hence homework) completely -- by using technology which can download complex information and experience direct into your brain without mistakes. Heh, why not even transfer your very consciousness into something better than an organic brain?

Oh wait,... that theme already been explored quite a lot. E.g., "Ghost in the Shell"

:smile:

bigu01 said:
Hey guys, I have a presentation to do and it's called my dream invention.It's like I will present something that I had dreamed it would happen or be invented but its outside reality, the thing is that we need one article or something many people have thought about. I was thinking to do like a gadget that does your homework by itself , but I could not find any source about it or any thing, if you have any better or more sourceable idea than me feel free to post it and help me in this English course.

Travis_King said:
If only you had some gadget that did your homework by itself...

Yeah, like posting at the PF outside of the Homework Help forums, and asking for others to do your schoolwork for you... Thread moved to the HH forums.

On your "Do my homework for me", be sure to look at Wolfram Alpha and also Yahoo Answers...

What other inventions can you brainstorm? This is your project after all. Show some effort brainstorming ~10 more ideas, and then we can make some tutorial comments about your project ideas...

Superconductor at any temperature... but seriously dude, an invention to do your homework? you should post it somewhere else, if you just want suggestion to make people laugh for a few seconds - and then forget..

Well when you have statics,thermodynamics and differential equations exam all in one week , how productive can you be in a 5% assignment, thank you for your ideas and replies

hjelmgart said:
Superconductor at any temperature... but seriously dude, an invention to do your homework? you should post it somewhere else, if you just want suggestion to make people laugh for a few seconds - and then forget..

I did that superconductor thing,the topic was not that important , we just had to "invent" one thing that it is impossible or does not exist.I think I did pretty good though

bigu01 said:
H I was thinking to do like a gadget that does your homework by itself
Microsoft Math is really good for doing math homework.If you want to programme a software or whatever able to do homework like humans,I say it's impossible.

bigu01 said:
I did that superconductor thing,the topic was not that important , we just had to "invent" one thing that it is impossible or does not exist.I think I did pretty good though

Yeah, I find superconductors pretty interesting. The theory is somewhat simple to understand, and if you like magnetism, it easily becomes interesting. However, it is a topic often forgotten in most physics classes, which is a shame IMO. Even if it seems unlikely to become useful on a larger scale in any near future, it is still a good way to learn something cool and to understand some properties of magnetism.

Related to Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!

1. What is "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!"?

"Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!" is a hypothetical concept that allows individuals to create their own reality and control their dreams using advanced technology.

2. How does "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!" work?

The invention works by stimulating the brain's neural pathways to create a virtual reality experience while the individual is asleep. This technology taps into the subconscious mind, allowing the individual to control and shape their dreams.

3. Is "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!" scientifically possible?

While the technology for such an invention does not currently exist, scientists have been studying the brain and its functions for decades. With advanced technology and continued research, it is possible that "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!" could become a reality in the future.

4. What are the potential benefits of "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!"?

Some potential benefits of this invention could include improving mental health by allowing individuals to confront and overcome their fears and anxieties in a controlled environment, enhancing creativity and problem-solving skills, and providing a form of entertainment and escapism.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks or risks associated with "Dream Invention: Create Your Own Reality!"?

As with any new technology, there are potential risks and drawbacks that would need to be addressed. These could include potential addiction, disrupting sleep patterns, and the blurring of the lines between reality and dreams. Further research and ethical considerations would need to be taken into account before such an invention could be widely implemented.