Endothermic Reactions: Activation Energy & Heat Transfer

In summary, a chemical reaction requires activation energy to start, which can be provided through heat. The reactants absorb heat from the surroundings, allowing them to break old bonds and form new ones. However, the energy released from forming new bonds is less than the heat energy absorbed, resulting in a drop in temperature. This is shown in an endothermic temperature graph. The activation energy for the reactants comes from both room temperature and the heat source, and the amount of energy released is less than the combined amount of heat energy, causing the temperature to decrease.
Celluhh
every reaction requires its reactants to have enough actvation energy in order to start the chemical reaction.sometimes, extra energy is provided in the form of heat. so the reactants take in heat from the surroundings and have enough energy to break old bonds and form new bonds. when they break old bonds they take in the heat energy provided right? then when they form new bonds they let out energy that is less than the heat energy provided hence some of the heat energy is actually taken in by the reactants right?that causes the temp drop as shown in the endothermic temp graph.
just to clarify if my line of thought is correct, in this case the activation energy that the reactants possesses come from the heat energy at room temperature as well as the heat energy from the heat source right? and that the amount of heat energy that reactants let out is much lesser than this energy combined, hence causing temp to drop to a minimum, am i right?

the purpose of typing out this paragraph is to check if my theory has anything wrong in it, so please feel free to correct me if i am wrong!Thank You!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't see anything obviously wrong in what you wrote (apart from the fact phrases should start with a capital letter), but:

1. I don't see the plot you refer to, I am only guessing its content.

2. Seems to me like you first refer to the system without heating and then miraculously there is a heat from a heat source. That makes me wonder what is the experimental setup you are talking about.

Related to Endothermic Reactions: Activation Energy & Heat Transfer

What is an endothermic reaction?

An endothermic reaction is a chemical reaction in which the reactants absorb energy from their surroundings, usually in the form of heat, to proceed and form products. This results in a decrease in temperature of the surroundings.

What is activation energy?

Activation energy is the minimum amount of energy required for a chemical reaction to occur. It is the energy needed to break the bonds in the reactants and start the reaction.

How is heat transferred in endothermic reactions?

In endothermic reactions, heat is transferred from the surroundings to the reactants, causing the temperature of the surroundings to decrease. This transfer of heat can occur through conduction, convection, or radiation.

What are some examples of endothermic reactions?

Some examples of endothermic reactions include photosynthesis, melting of ice, evaporation of water, and the reaction between citric acid and baking soda in a homemade volcano.

How do endothermic reactions differ from exothermic reactions?

Endothermic reactions absorb energy from their surroundings, resulting in a decrease in temperature, while exothermic reactions release energy to their surroundings, causing an increase in temperature. In endothermic reactions, the products have higher energy than the reactants, whereas in exothermic reactions, the products have lower energy than the reactants.