Exploring Link Movement in X-Y-Z Axis: How Does This Linkage Rotate and Yaw?

Micheal_Leo
i have this linkage as far as happening that

This Link make angle between x-y axis and rotate also between x-y axis , meanwhilel yaw( z-axis)

am i right ?

please make it clear

Attachments

• ft.png
    ft.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Micheal_Leo said:
i have this linkage as far as happening that

This Link make angle between x-y axis and rotate also between x-y axis , meanwhilel yaw( z-axis)

am i right ?

please make it clear
Is your question about the use of the word "yaw"? This will happen if the bottom hinge cheeks do not fit exactly. You need to be "clear" first. :wink:
Lateral movement of the link can be parallel with the z axis or at an angle (tipping). Are you looking for a way to specify what you need?

sophiecentaur said:
Is your question about the use of the word "yaw"? This will happen if the bottom hinge cheeks do not fit exactly. You need to be "clear" first. :wink:
Lateral movement of the link can be parallel with the z axis or at an angle (tipping). Are you looking for a way to specify what you need?
bn.jpg

the link has pin joint with bracket which fixed and also link move back and forth, so i am trying to fugure out that motion and angle how this link will make in the 3d axis i mention it

Last edited:
Micheal_Leo said:
View attachment 334993

the link has pin joint with bracket which fixed and also link move back and forth, so i am trying to fugure out that motion and angle how this link will make in the 3d axis i mention it
It depends on how good you make the hinge arrangement, surely. The rod can move laterally or rotate about the z axis. Is that not obvious? Motion can be limited by having a long enough bearing and pin and / ormaking sure that the D shaped bracket in your picture is big enough and tight enough on the rod. You have not specified the actual dimensions so how can I answer your question? In fact you haven't actually asked a question

I asked you why you used the word "yaw". You could add the word "rotation"but you need more (3D) details on your sketch. The rod can rotate about its axis (twist) as well as from side to side.