Exploring the Interplay Between Physics and Mathematics

• Thread starter quickquestion
  • Start date
In summary, the relationship between physics and mathematics is a fundamental and complex interplay that has been studied for centuries. Both fields rely on precise and rigorous reasoning to understand the laws and principles that govern the physical world. Mathematics provides the language and tools for expressing and manipulating physical theories, while physics provides real-world applications and experiments to test and validate mathematical concepts. The two disciplines are deeply intertwined and continue to influence and enhance each other in the pursuit of understanding the universe.
quickquestion
Hi I am just a person interested in games and simulations. I got an A+ on my high school physics test after only studying for one day. But I am not an expert at mathematics.

Physics, the way I see it, is a an approximation of fluid behavoir, making math equations to approximate the shape/plots of empirical data. We create models of empirical behavoir. Sometimes, these math equations can get very large when the empirical data is non-linear. When these math equations get very large, the brain-drain begins, and that is when I start eating tortilla chips.

Math, the way I see it, is a system of runes inscribing behvaoir and quantities. Therefore, it is a trait of scribes, if you are good as a scribe and remembering symbols and their relationship between other symbols, you should have no trouble with math. Me, I have a tough time remembering even where I put my spoon down sometimes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile: