Exploring the Possibilities of Time Travel: Seeking Collaboration and Expertise

• Thread starter TimeDoctor
  • Start date
In summary, time travel is the concept of moving between different points in time, but it is currently not supported by our understanding of physics. There are various theories and ideas about time travel, but no scientific evidence to support them. Additionally, there is no known technology that can enable time travel and ethical considerations would need to be addressed before any potential advancements. While there may be some individual research and exploration, there is no widespread collaboration or research efforts focused on time travel at this time.
TimeDoctor
How did you find PF?
Google
Hi,
I found this forum while I was trying to find someone interested in Time travel to discuss a few things with them about that and to find a researcher or an institution that could help me finish my work. I'm not looking for financial help, I'm looking for an intelligent person that can maybe help me see something I'm missing.
I'm not here to ask can we time travel or how, I have completely different questions that require an actually smart person to answer them. Probably they don't exist yet, I don't know.

• Skeptical
Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello TD, :welcome: !

TimeDoctor said:
Probably they don't exist yet, I don't know
I can reassure you there: actually smart persons do exist and PF has quite a few of them !

TimeDoctor said:
that could help me finish my work
Makes me wonder what your work is -- baker :wink: ?

Likes Janosh89
BvU said:
Hello TD, :welcome: !

I can reassure you there: actually smart persons do exist and PF has quite a few of them !

Makes me wonder what your work is -- baker :wink: ?
This is why I'm looking here. If there are any smart people that can understand what I'm doing, they would be physics people. In my book: intelligence = physics.

• Skeptical
Likes PeroK
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
TimeDoctor said:
I was trying to find someone interested in Time travel to discuss a few things
Try doing a PF search (see the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner) to find such discussions here. Keep in mind that we discuss mainstream science as published in the peer-reviewed literature and mainstream textbooks. There is still a lot to discuss about how time works, and hopefully you will be able to learn some new things.

Enjoy! :smile:

TimeDoctor said:
This is why I'm looking here. If there are any smart people that can understand what I'm doing, they would be physics people. In my book: intelligence = physics.
I hope you also picked up some of the irony I tried to convey :rolleyes:

Likes berkeman
I did.

anorlunda said:
If you are looking for someone to evaluate your research or your personal ideas, PF is the wrong place. We don't allow that.

Please read our guidelines.
https://www.physicsforums.com/help/terms-of-service/
No, that's not what I'm looking for.

Likes anorlunda and berkeman
Apparently , the concept of negative energy exists . Perhaps , and only perhaps , this
might be a prerequisite to the possibility of time travel..
In relation to #2 , various factors (unknown to me) would have to be knitted together.

Welcome and stay curious!

I think we shouldn't discuss negative energy in the introduction forum. Negative energy requires more than many other subjects a reasonable source to start a discussion. We don't want to debate physics on a tv show level. It is not even clear in which context negative energy makes or does not make sense: bindings, Dirac, strange matter.

Related to Exploring the Possibilities of Time Travel: Seeking Collaboration and Expertise

1. What is time travel and is it possible?

Time travel refers to the concept of moving between different points in time, either forwards or backwards. While it has been a popular topic in science fiction, the current understanding of physics does not support the possibility of time travel.

2. What are the current theories and research on time travel?

There are various theories and ideas about time travel, such as the concept of wormholes and the theory of relativity. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these theories and they remain speculative at this point.

3. Can time travel be achieved through technology?

At this time, there is no known technology that can enable time travel. While scientists continue to explore and develop new technologies, time travel remains a concept that is not currently achievable.

4. Are there any ethical considerations with time travel?

The concept of time travel raises many ethical questions, such as altering the course of history or causing harm to individuals or the timeline. These considerations would need to be carefully examined and addressed before any potential advancements in time travel technology.

5. Is there any ongoing research or collaboration in the field of time travel?

While there may be individual scientists or groups exploring the possibilities of time travel, there is currently no widespread collaboration or research efforts focused specifically on time travel. However, advancements in fields such as quantum mechanics and astrophysics may provide new insights and opportunities for further exploration in the future.