Exploring the Potential of Photonics for Power Transmission

• Thread starter SACHIN RAWAT
  • Start date
In summary, photonics is a promising technology for power transmission due to its ability to transmit energy over long distances with minimal loss. By utilizing lasers and fiber optics, photonics can provide a safer, more efficient, and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional power transmission methods. This technology has the potential to revolutionize the way we distribute and use energy, making it a key area of exploration for researchers and engineers. With ongoing advancements and developments in photonics, it is expected to play a significant role in the future of power transmission.
SACHIN RAWAT
we see fibre optic cables carry huge amount of data across the world . some companies have discovered how to use photons instead of electrons in electronics and computing , they call it photonics. i wonder if we can use the photons instead of electrons in power transmission lines .

Physics news on Phys.org
SACHIN RAWAT said:
i wonder if we can use the photons instead of electrons in power transmission lines .

Is there some natural processes in which energy is transferred through photons?

SACHIN RAWAT said:
we see fibre optic cables carry huge amount of data across the world . some companies have discovered how to use photons instead of electrons in electronics and computing , they call it photonics. i wonder if we can use the photons instead of electrons in power transmission lines .
Welcome Sachin,

No questions or discussions are allowed in this section, this is Introductions Only. Please post your question in the proper forum. :smile: