F=ma Prep and Resources for High School Students

In summary, this high school sophomore is looking for resources to help prepare for the F=ma contest. She found a website that has past F=ma tests, and she is also looking for resources to help her practice the problems.
physicsferret
Hi all. This is the first time I am using this forum, so please forgive me if this has been said before already.

I am a high-school sophomore and I took the AP Physics 1 course last year. I really enjoyed it because I had an amazing teacher and next year I will be taking AP Physics 2 and AP Physics C: E&M. I am trying to prepare for the F=ma contest since I have avidly done math contests in the past and really appreciate the creativity behind contest problems, and so I would like to try the physics contest as well.

I have found the website with the past F=ma tests from the past ten years or so. I was wondering if there are any other resources you all use such as other websites or really great mock test sites. I understand that this physics contest will go deeper and require a higher degree of understanding and creativity than the AP Physics classes probably will cover, which is why I would like to practice the problems this summer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

physicsferret

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
physicsferret said:
Hi all. This is the first time I am using this forum, so please forgive me if this has been said before already. I am a high-school sophomore and I took the AP Physics 1 course last year. I really enjoyed it because I had an amazing teacher and next year I will be taking AP Physics 2 and AP Physics C: E&M. I am trying to prepare for the F=ma contest since I have avidly done math contests in the past and really appreciate the creativity behind contest problems, and so I would like to try the physics contest as well. I have found the website with the past F=ma tests from the past ten years or so. I was wondering if there are any other resources you all use such as other websites or really great mock test sites. I understand that this physics contest will go deeper and require a higher degree of understanding and creativity than the AP Physics classes probably will cover, which is why I would like to practice the problems this summer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

physicsferret
Hi
Have a read of the pf rules and one of the mentors will stick this in the intro section @berkeman

Cheers

Likes physicsferret
pinball1970 said:
one of the mentors will stick this in the intro section @berkeman
Academic Guidance, actually. :wink:

Likes pinball1970
berkeman said:
Academic Guidance, actually. :wink:
Oops thought it was pfs first post.