• Tags
    Exercise Iron
luanadoesnotlike
Homework Statement
FeCO3
Relevant Equations
I achieved calculating the oxidation number of C and my result is x=5
Hi there,
I did an exercise and when we corrected it I realised that the oxidation number of Fe was (ll) but I don't know how can I find it.
The common name is iron (ll) nitrate and the other name, that I don't know how is called because i study this in basque, is iron (2+) nitrate trioxide (2-)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, it is not 5.

Plus, you listed FeCO3, but then you referred to the nitrate, so it is quite difficult to help, as in reality we don't know what the problem really is.

Related to FeCO3 oxidation formulation help

1. How does FeCO3 oxidation occur?

FeCO3 oxidation typically occurs through the reaction of FeCO3 with an oxidizing agent, such as oxygen or hydrogen peroxide, resulting in the formation of iron oxide (Fe2O3) and carbon dioxide (CO2).

2. What are the factors that influence FeCO3 oxidation?

The factors that influence FeCO3 oxidation include the concentration of the oxidizing agent, pH level, temperature, and presence of catalysts or inhibitors.

3. Can you suggest a formulation for FeCO3 oxidation?

A common formulation for FeCO3 oxidation involves using a specific ratio of FeCO3 to the oxidizing agent, along with controlling the reaction conditions to optimize the conversion of FeCO3 to iron oxide and carbon dioxide.

4. Are there any challenges in formulating FeCO3 oxidation reactions?

One of the main challenges in formulating FeCO3 oxidation reactions is ensuring complete conversion of FeCO3 to the desired products, as well as minimizing any unwanted byproducts or side reactions.

5. What are the potential applications of FeCO3 oxidation formulations?

Potential applications of FeCO3 oxidation formulations include wastewater treatment, remediation of contaminated soils, and industrial processes for producing iron oxide nanoparticles.