Find RTh to Get Max Electric Power | No Quotes

In summary, R6 should be disconnected from the original electric circuit in order to find the maximum electric power.
omni
i asked to find What should be connected instead of R6 to get the Maximum Electric power.

so what i think i need to do first is to find RTh (R-Thévenin).

so in the picture you can see the same Electric circuit (NO1 is the original Electric circuit,and NO2 is what i started to do to find RTH) but what i should do with the current source? (do i need to cut it?)

i not sure if Thévenin's theorem is the correct way to solve this kind of question.

need some help here.

thanks.

Attachments

• 0O0O.JPG
    0O0O.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 414
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll 'cut' the current source when you proceed to find the Thevenin resistance. But to find the Thevenin voltage it's necessary to have it active!

Note that with R6 removed from the circuit that the path for the current from the current supply is restricted to flow, without splitting, to nodes D and C. That fixes their node voltages. If you know the voltage at node C then you should be able to find the voltage at node B. With all the node voltages in hand you should find VAB with no trouble!

if i found the voltage at node D C B in circuit NO1 is will not stay the same at circuit NO2 right?

and for the current is flow like this (i mark it in blue line).

thanks.

Attachments

• 0O0O.JPG
    0O0O.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 385
omni said:
if i found the voltage at node D C B in circuit NO1 is will not stay the same at circuit NO2 right?
Right. Your circuit NO2 has only the current source active. I'm not sure what the purpose of circuit NO2 is. In order to find the Thevenin voltage for the circuit you will need to have the contributions from all the sources. Are you applying superposition?
and for the current is flow like this (i mark it in blue line).
thanks.

You know the current flow coming from the current source (2 amps). So, with the load resistor R6 removed, what is the voltage at node D? At node C? At node B? You should be able to calculate their numeric values.

hi thanks :) i solve it.

Related to Find RTh to Get Max Electric Power | No Quotes

What is the purpose of finding RTh to get maximum electric power?

The purpose of finding the Thevenin resistance (RTh) in a circuit is to determine the maximum amount of electric power that can be delivered to a load. This value is important in designing and optimizing circuits for efficiency and performance.

How do you calculate RTh?

To calculate RTh, you need to first find the open-circuit voltage (VOC) and the short-circuit current (ISC) of the circuit. RTh is then equal to the ratio of VOC and ISC. It can also be calculated by finding the equivalent resistance of the circuit when all voltage sources are replaced with short circuits and all current sources are replaced with open circuits.

What is the relationship between RTh and maximum electric power?

RTh and maximum electric power have an inverse relationship. This means that as RTh decreases, the maximum electric power increases, and vice versa. This is because a lower RTh allows for a larger amount of current to flow through the circuit, resulting in a higher power output.

Why is it important to find the maximum electric power in a circuit?

Finding the maximum electric power in a circuit is important for optimizing the circuit's performance and efficiency. It allows for the design of circuits that can deliver the required power to a load without wasting excess energy. This is particularly important in electronic devices where energy efficiency is a crucial factor.

Are there any limitations to using RTh to find maximum electric power?

Yes, there are some limitations to using RTh to find maximum electric power. The circuit must be linear and have a constant RTh value for this method to be accurate. Non-linear circuits and circuits with varying RTh values may require more complex analysis methods to determine the maximum power output.