Flux density in magnetic circuit

In summary, the task is to determine the flux density in the air gap of a magnetic circuit with a core of uniform cross section, given the values of L, Ig, turns, and I. The equation used is the flux formula, and the calculated value is 0.000035493, although the units are not specified. The poster is asking for confirmation and guidance on the solution.
DODGEVIPER13

Homework Statement

Consider the magnetic circuit shown in figure 3
Assuming that the core (μr=1000) has a uniform cross section of 4 cm^2, determine the flux density in the air gap the picture is very small so here are the values L=42cm, Ig=0.1cm, turns=500, and I=0.2A

Homework Equations

Flux=magnetomotive force/reluctance or NI/((L/μ0(μr)A)+(G/Aμ0))

The Attempt at a Solution

When I plug the values given in the problem statements and figure 3. I get .000035493 I am not sure of the units however?

Attachments

• PhysicsforumsquestionforEM.jpg
    PhysicsforumsquestionforEM.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 514
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the problem not clear?

Common guys give me a push or something

Hey is this correct guys? Anything?

I would like to clarify that the units for flux density are Tesla (T) or Gauss (G). In this case, the flux density in the air gap would be 0.00003549 T or 0.3549 G. Additionally, I would like to mention that the equation used to calculate flux density in a magnetic circuit is B = μ0μr(NI)/L, where B is the flux density, μ0 is the permeability of free space (4π x 10^-7), μr is the relative permeability of the core material, N is the number of turns, I is the current, and L is the length of the magnetic path. The air gap can be considered as a region with a very large reluctance, so it can be neglected in the equation. Therefore, the flux density in the air gap would be directly proportional to the current and inversely proportional to the length of the magnetic path. In this case, the flux density can be calculated as (4π x 10^-7)(1000)(500)(0.2)/0.42 = 0.00004762 T or 0.4762 G. I hope this helps clarify any confusion.

Related to Flux density in magnetic circuit

1. What is flux density in a magnetic circuit?

Flux density, also known as magnetic induction or B-field, is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field in a given area of a magnetic circuit. It is represented by the symbol B and is measured in units of tesla (T) or gauss (G).

2. How is flux density related to magnetic flux?

Flux density is directly proportional to the magnetic flux passing through a given area. This means that as the flux increases, so does the flux density, and vice versa. Mathematically, it can be represented as B = Φ/A, where B is the flux density, Φ is the magnetic flux, and A is the area.

3. What factors affect the flux density in a magnetic circuit?

The flux density in a magnetic circuit is affected by the strength of the magnet, the size and shape of the magnet, the distance between the magnet and the object, and the material properties of the object. Additionally, the presence of other magnetic fields and the temperature can also impact the flux density.

4. How is the flux density distributed in a magnetic circuit?

The flux density is not uniform throughout a magnetic circuit. It is concentrated at the poles of the magnet and decreases as the distance from the poles increases. This distribution follows the inverse square law, where the flux density is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source.

5. What is the significance of flux density in magnetic circuits?

Flux density is a crucial parameter in understanding and designing magnetic circuits. It determines the strength of the magnetic field and plays a role in the performance of various devices such as motors, generators, transformers, and inductors. Higher flux density results in a stronger magnetic field and thus can lead to improved efficiency and performance of these devices.