For those who don't get PF emails

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody found that his incorrect SPF setting caused emails from Physics Forums to be blocked by his provider, and that they would not reach him even after he corrected it. The problem cleared itself within a couple of days.
I've been tweaking some email settings and I'd like those who don't get PF emails, or have those emails end up in the spam box, check to see if things have improved. Please keep me updated. I believe my fixes should have worked.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
I've been tweaking some email settings and I'd like those who don't get PF emails, or have those emails end up in the spam box, check to see if things have improved. Please keep me updated. I believe my fixes should have worked.

Greg,

I got my first one after almost a year without any. I will let you know if they do not continue, and Thanks, it must not have been easy to find and fix, if you don't mind a brief explanation would be appreciated.

Rhody...

rhody said:
Greg,

I got my first one after almost a year without any. I will let you know if they do not continue, and Thanks, it must not have been easy to find and fix, if you don't mind a brief explanation would be appreciated.

Rhody...

It had to do with an incorrect SPF setting. Your provider was likely blocking the emails thinking it was spam.

I've noticed today that I've been getting notifications that were supposedly sent a few days ago. These are the relevant header lines of one of the delayed messages:

Received: from pf2.physicsforums.com (74.86.251.146-static.reverse.softlayer.com [74.86.251.146])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mx3.nyi.mail.srv.osa (Postfix) with ESMTPS id BF99C220194
for <xxxx@xxxx>; Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:17:15 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from nobody by pf2.physicsforums.com with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <pfmail@physicsforums.com>)
id 1R3pwo-0002q7-QH
for xxxx@xxxx; Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:56:18 -0500

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone having problems receiving PF emails?

I hadn't had problems before, but it now appears I'm not getting replies. I see some replies are winding up in gmail's spam file before my email client sees them.

Amazingly, the problem cleared itself in a couple of days. It fixed itself before I had to dive into Google's spam innards and figure out how to defeat it. Do you do magic, Greg?

1. What are "PF emails"?

PF emails refer to emails sent by the scientific journal "Physical Review Letters". These emails typically contain important updates, notifications about new publications, and other relevant information for scientists in the field.

2. How do I sign up for PF emails?

To sign up for PF emails, you can create an account on the Physical Review Letters website and opt-in to receive email notifications. You can also subscribe to specific topics or authors to customize the emails you receive.

3. Can I unsubscribe from PF emails?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from PF emails at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. You can also manage your email preferences in your account settings on the Physical Review Letters website.

4. Are PF emails free?

Yes, PF emails are completely free. You do not have to pay any subscription fees to receive these emails.

5. What should I do if I am not receiving PF emails?

If you are not receiving PF emails, first check your spam or junk folder to see if they are being filtered there. If not, you may need to update your email preferences in your account settings on the Physical Review Letters website or contact their customer support for further assistance.