Gain bandwidth product from bode plot

In summary: Ha ha, what? Look at my post again!:rofl:When I saw your comment and look quickly at the plot and schematic, I thought it's the same drawing. So I pulled up the numbers from before. But the message is the same. This is scary!
Sachinare
Can anyone tell me how to find the gain bandwidth product from bode plot of a unity gain circuit for the attached bode plot?
I hv attached the circuit and bode plot ...

Attachments

• circuit and bode plot.jpg
    circuit and bode plot.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • transfer function.JPG
    transfer function.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 907
Physics news on Phys.org
Gain bandwidth is just the gain times the -3db frequency if it is a DC circuit from 0Hz to -3dB frequency.

In your case, your circuit has a gain of 1. Your -3db from the top graph is about 2Mhz, so the GBWP is about 2MHz.

Read the first link that UART show above, particular read my comment in the last post there. What school is this?

Last edited:
yungman said:
Gain bandwidth is just the gain times the -3db frequency if it is a DC circuit from 0Hz to -3dB frequency.

In your case, your circuit has a gain of 1. Your -3db from the top graph is about 370Khz, so the GBWP is about 370KHz.

You must be looking at a different attachment than me yungman. The -3dB point is shade over 2MHz and the gain of each op-amp is 2.

The numbers may have been changed slightly but this is basically the exact same question as the other poster gave. I'd say this is a class assignment and the instructor has changed the figures slightly for each group so as to minimize cheating.

uart said:
You must be looking at a different attachment than me yungman. The -3dB point is shade over 2MHz and the gain of each op-amp is 2.

The numbers may have been changed slightly but this is basically the exact same question as the other poster gave. I'd say this is a class assignment and the instructor has changed the figures slightly for each group so as to minimize cheating.

Ha ha, what? Look at my post again!:smile:

When I saw your comment and look quickly at the plot and schematic, I thought it's the same drawing. So I pulled up the numbers from before. But the message is the same. This is scary!

Related to Gain bandwidth product from bode plot

1. What is the Gain Bandwidth Product (GBW) from a Bode plot?

The Gain Bandwidth Product (GBW) is a measure of the amplifier's frequency response, describing the relationship between the amplifier's gain and the frequency at which it is measured. It is the product of the amplifier's gain (measured in decibels) and the frequency at which it is measured (in hertz).

2. How is the Gain Bandwidth Product calculated from a Bode plot?

The Gain Bandwidth Product can be calculated by finding the frequency at which the gain of the amplifier is equal to 0 decibels (unity gain) on the Bode plot. This frequency is then multiplied by the gain at this frequency to obtain the GBW product value.

3. What does a high Gain Bandwidth Product indicate?

A high GBW product indicates that the amplifier has a wide frequency response range, meaning it can amplify signals at higher frequencies without significant loss of gain. This is important for applications that require amplification of high-frequency signals, such as in radio and telecommunications.

4. How does the Gain Bandwidth Product affect the performance of an amplifier?

The Gain Bandwidth Product is directly related to the bandwidth of the amplifier, meaning that a higher GBW product will result in a wider bandwidth. This means that the amplifier can amplify a wider range of frequencies without significant distortion, resulting in better overall performance.

5. What factors can affect the Gain Bandwidth Product of an amplifier?

The Gain Bandwidth Product of an amplifier can be affected by various factors such as the type of amplifier (e.g. operational amplifiers have a higher GBW product than other types of amplifiers), the internal components and design of the amplifier, and external factors such as temperature and power supply variations.