Hello everyone this is my first post on PhysicsForums

In summary, a student is looking for suggestions for their final year engineering project in the field of RF/electromagnetic/Photonics, with a preference for a mathematical project idea. They mention their interest in mathematics and their university's involvement with CERN. Suggestions are requested in the PhysicsForums thread provided.
rikiusa
Hello everyone this is my first post on PhysicsForums

I am in my second year of electronic systems engineering degree and I have to choose a final year project. I am really enjoying the modules on RF engineering and electromagnetics, especially electromagnetics is just too interesting

I have chosen the engineering discipline of my final year project to be RF/electromagnetic/Photonics. My university is actively involved with CERN, so one of the project applications is in particle accelerators. However, I can choose a project application in communication as well!

Could you please suggest me some project ideas for my final year. I really like maths a lot (calculus, vectors, complex number) and I am comfortable with visualizing it. it would be nice if you could recommend a 'mathematical project' idea!

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Hello everyone this is my first post on PhysicsForums

1. What is the purpose of PhysicsForums?

The purpose of PhysicsForums is to provide a platform for discussions, questions, and answers related to physics and other scientific topics. It is a community of scientists, researchers, and students who come together to share knowledge, collaborate, and learn from each other.

2. How can I post my first question on PhysicsForums?

To post your first question on PhysicsForums, you need to first create an account by clicking on the "Register" button on the homepage. Once you have created an account, you can click on the "Post New Thread" button on the relevant subforum and type in your question. Make sure to provide enough details and context for others to understand and answer your question effectively.

3. Can I ask questions on any topic related to physics?

Yes, you can ask questions on any topic related to physics on PhysicsForums. However, it is important to ensure that your question is within the scope of the forum and follows the guidelines set by the community. This will help in getting better responses and maintaining a healthy forum environment.

4. How can I improve my chances of getting a helpful response to my question?

To improve your chances of getting a helpful response to your question, make sure to provide enough details and context. This will help others understand your question better and provide a more accurate and relevant answer. Additionally, try to be clear and concise in your wording and avoid any unnecessary information.

5. Is it possible to interact with other members on PhysicsForums?

Yes, it is possible to interact with other members on PhysicsForums through various features such as private messaging, commenting on threads, and participating in discussions. This allows for a more collaborative and engaging experience on the forum.