How can high school students effectively self-study physics?

• Thread starter Soyuz42
  • Start date
In summary, high school students can effectively self-study physics by setting clear goals, creating a study plan, utilizing online resources, practicing with sample problems, seeking help from teachers or tutors, and regularly reviewing material. It is also important for students to stay motivated, stay organized, and actively engage with the material through hands-on experiments and real-world applications. By following these strategies, high school students can successfully self-study physics and achieve a deeper understanding of the subject.
Soyuz42
How did you find PF?
Google searches for homework questions, looks similar to Physics SE (but more homework-friendly?)
Hello! I am currently in the first year of the IB diploma programme (i.e. 11th grade). I've made attempts to self-study physics before but was sufficiently confused by mechanics to make the rest seem intimidating. I'm wading through Spivak's Calculus and Halliday et al.'s Fundamentals of Physics at the moment.

Likes cindersky and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

Likes Soyuz42
I'm going through almost the exact same experience, damn. Mechanics was super confusing, I particularly disliked the projectile motion part.