How can I solve my ADS EM simulation problem?

In summary, the conversation was about the importance of communication in a relationship. The speaker emphasized the need for open and honest communication, as well as active listening and understanding. They also discussed the negative effects of assuming and jumping to conclusions instead of communicating directly. Overall, the conversation highlighted the crucial role of communication in maintaining a healthy and strong relationship.
tadeh89
TL;DR Summary
Hi all,

I'm new to ADS, so I followed a youtube video in designing a Wilkinson power divider to Co Simulate. I was able to get through the EM simulation part, but I am getting the following error in the schematic simulation portion:

"There is no corresponding terminal for `P1' in the netlisted view "

Any help will be much appreciated.

Tadeh
Wilkinson error.PNG

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you show the Netlist View? What is P1 supposed to be?

Thank you for responding. Someone helped me and it turned out I had a schematic created in the same cell as the layout, and in the meantime I was trying to simulate the testbench in a schematic in a different cell, and apparently that is not okay. Deleting the extra/empty schematic in the EM layout cell solved my problem.

Thanks,

Tadeh

Likes berkeman
thanks a lot for the post, it also helped me.

Related to How can I solve my ADS EM simulation problem?

1. How do I choose the right simulation software for my ADS EM problem?

Choosing the right simulation software for your ADS EM problem depends on several factors such as the complexity of your problem, your budget, and your level of expertise. It is important to research and compare different software options to find the one that best fits your needs.

2. What are the common challenges in ADS EM simulation and how can I overcome them?

Some common challenges in ADS EM simulation include convergence issues, large simulation times, and accuracy of results. To overcome these challenges, it is important to carefully select the simulation settings, use appropriate meshing techniques, and optimize your simulation setup.

3. How can I improve the accuracy of my ADS EM simulation results?

To improve the accuracy of your ADS EM simulation results, you can use finer meshing, higher order elements, and advanced simulation techniques such as adaptive meshing and frequency sweeping. It is also important to carefully validate your simulation results with experimental data.

4. Can I simulate different types of electromagnetic fields in ADS?

Yes, ADS offers a variety of electromagnetic simulation capabilities, including electrostatic, magnetostatic, and electromagnetic fields. You can also simulate different types of structures such as planar circuits, antennas, and RF/microwave components.

5. How can I optimize my ADS EM simulation for faster results?

To optimize your ADS EM simulation for faster results, you can use techniques such as parallel processing, distributed computing, and model simplification. It is also important to carefully select the simulation settings and use efficient meshing techniques.