How Can Rich Utilize a 50cc Motor in His Engineering Projects?

In summary, Rich joined the forum to re-educate himself, as he had a difficult childhood without access to proper education. He enjoys engineering but wishes he was better at it. He hopes to find a job and go to college, but unfortunately there are no colleges in his area. He also has a side shaft motor and is considering building a mini drift kart with it. He was warmly welcomed to the forum and asked about his favorite fish, to which he replied Green Ling cod. He was then shown a video of a green ling cod as a proper initiation into the forum.
pickerguy
Hey every one my name is Rich, I joined this forum to help me re-educate myself.
I had a pretty rough childhood and didn't have a good source of education.
So I'm not very smart but I like Engineering, I just wish i was better at it.
I'm hoping to find a job soon and enroll in college some where. We don't have one here which really sucks.

just need to get on the pay train woot! woot!

On the other note I have a side shaft 50cc motor and I need to figure out what to build with it. Possible mini dift kart?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Rich! :smile:
Definitely the best place to enrich your mind. :biggrin:
But before you get to that, we want to know your favorite fish?

I would have to say Green Ling cod would be the fish for me.

OK, here's a nice green ling cod for ya! :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You have now been properly initiated into PF.

Related to How Can Rich Utilize a 50cc Motor in His Engineering Projects?

1. What inspired you to create "Rich's Journey: Re-Educating & Building with a 50cc Motor"?

The inspiration behind "Rich's Journey" came from my interest in sustainable transportation and the desire to educate others about the potential of using small, efficient engines in everyday vehicles.

2. What is the main goal of "Rich's Journey"?

The main goal of "Rich's Journey" is to showcase the possibilities of using a 50cc motor in various modes of transportation, such as bicycles, scooters, and even cars. It also aims to educate people about the benefits of using small engines, such as reduced emissions and increased fuel efficiency.

3. What challenges did you face while re-educating and building with a 50cc motor?

One of the main challenges was finding ways to integrate the small engine into different types of vehicles and optimizing its performance. Another challenge was educating myself and others about the mechanics and potential of these engines, as there is not much information readily available.

4. Can you give an example of one of the vehicles you have built with a 50cc motor?

One example is a bicycle that I converted into an electric-assisted bike by installing a 50cc motor. This allows the rider to pedal for exercise while also having the option to use the motor for assistance when needed. It has been a popular choice for commuters in my community.

5. What message do you hope to convey through "Rich's Journey"?

The main message I hope to convey is that small engines have the potential to revolutionize sustainable transportation and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. I also want to encourage others to think outside the box and explore alternative modes of transportation that are more environmentally friendly.