How Can Weighting Opponent Ranking Impact Tennis Player Statistics?

This is in the context of tennis players, where two players may have the same "12 Month Service Points Won" percentage, but one may have achieved it against a higher ranked opponent, making them a better player. A formula is needed to address this issue. In summary, the goal is to give weight to the "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" and adjust the other two columns accordingly.
itzvenom95
I have the following table.
Sem Títul2o.jpg

I would like to know how to give an weight to the "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" so it changes other two columns depending on how high/low the ranking is.
To put this into perspective, this is regarding tennis players. On the spreadsheet I can have two players facing each other that have the same "12 Month Service Points Won" of 40%. Although Player A has a "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 300 and Player B of 100. Although the percentages are the same the player who managed to get a 40% "12 Month Service Points Won" against an "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 100 is extremely better than Player A that managed to get the same 40% against a "12 Month Median Ranking of Opponent" of 300.
I would like a formula to tackle this issue.

Let me know if I wasn't clear on any of my explanation.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Here's another photo that might help with this problem.

Sem Títul2o.jpg
I would like to come up with a formula that takes the ranking of opponent into account, giving more or less value to the other two columns.

Related to How Can Weighting Opponent Ranking Impact Tennis Player Statistics?

1. What does it mean to give a "weight" to a ranking?

Giving a "weight" to a ranking means assigning a numerical value or level of importance to each item in a ranking. This weight or value reflects the significance or relevance of the item in relation to the other items in the ranking.

2. Why is it important to give a "weight" to a ranking?

Giving a "weight" to a ranking helps to accurately represent the importance of each item in the ranking. It allows for a more comprehensive and balanced evaluation of the items, rather than just a simple ranking based on a single factor.

3. How do you determine the "weight" for each item in a ranking?

The weight for each item in a ranking can be determined through various methods, such as using a scale or assigning a percentage. This can be based on factors such as relevance, impact, or significance of the item in relation to the other items in the ranking.

4. Can the "weight" for each item in a ranking change?

Yes, the weight for each item in a ranking can change depending on the context or criteria being used. For example, if the criteria for ranking changes, the weight assigned to each item may also change.

5. How does giving a "weight" to a ranking affect the overall results?

The weight assigned to each item in a ranking can significantly impact the overall results. Items with a higher weight will have a greater influence on the ranking, while items with a lower weight will have less influence. This allows for a more accurate and meaningful representation of the results.